Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Chewy Granola Bars


I love these granola bars...  I especially like the nutty flavor of the sunflower kernels...and I like to use sunflowers since we do grow them here on our North Dakota farm.  :)



Chewy Granola Bars

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
2/3 cup honey
3/4 cup butter, melted
 2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup salted sunflower kernels
1 1/4 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
In a large bowl, combine oats, Reese's minichips, chocolate chips and sunflower kernels.
In a smaller bowl stir together the butter, honey, brown sugar, salt and vanilla extract until well combined.

Pour butter mixture over the oatmeal mixture. Stir to combine. Press into a greased-parchment paper lined 15x10x1 inch baking pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown...watch carefully as it will go from golden to burned very quickly! {ask me how I know}

Thanks for stopping by.  :) 







Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

M.E. Masterson said...

These sound yummy!!

A Kansas Farm Mom said...

I was just thinking this morning that I should try to find a homemade granola recipe. Thanks!! We love to use sunflower seeds in our baking. I have it pinned and look forward to making it soon.

Michelle said...

This looks delish!

Michelle said...

This looks delish!

small farm girl said...

I'm gonna have to try this!!!!!

zarah nitsa said...

i like this recipe...zarah from bizbilla.com