Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Taquitos

I have seen this recipe floating around for quite awhile now....since we love just about ANYTHING with Frank's RedHot Sauce...I decided to whip these babies up--I changed up the recipe a bit.  This is my version.    They are delish.....try them out!


BUFFALO CHICKEN TAQUITOS

4 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded
12 soft taco, flour tortillas
2 cups of colbe jack cheese, grated
5 ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese
1/3 cups of Frank’s hot sauce
1/3 cups of milk
2 tbsp. of butter
1 tsp. Emeril's Original Essence
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Canola Cooking Spray
       
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
  3. Add Emeril's Essence {bam!} and a dash of fresh ground black pepper.  Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
  4. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
  5. Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
  6. Combine chicken and sauce.
  7. Lay out a tortilla; fill with about 1/3  cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
  8. Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone.
  9. Spray taquitos with cooking spray.
  10. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes--rotate  until golden brown on all sides.
  11. Serve with your dressing of choice.  We used Blue Cheese and Ranch.  :)

Did you know you can shred your chicken in your KitchenAid??  It is so simple and you don't have to wait for the chicken to cool!  Just add your chicken breasts, beat  until desired shreddedness....;)  Works like a charm.....


{all rolled up and ready for the oven}

{Does the size of this Frank's prove we love it?  lol}

Wishing you all a great day!!!  Thanks for stopping by and please leave this Farmchick a comment.... I would love to hear from you and repay the visit.  :)

This post is linked to Farm Girl Friday Blog Hop

Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

Elizabeth Martin said...

Ummmmm.... Yes Please!!! I will be making these!!!!

Country Gal said...

I like Taquitos just cant have hot spicy sauce ! Like the comercial of the elderly lady she puts that s..t on everything lol Have a great day !

Down On The Farm said...

Wow! That looks really good, and easy. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for the recipe. Have a blessed day :0!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Yummy! Those look great~I think my guys would even like them.

Franks Hot Sauce...must be a northern thing, I have never heard of it! we love Tabasco here!!
Have a great week!

Beth E. said...

Yum, these look wonderful! I like foods spicy, but my husband doesn't. I suppose I could make "his and hers" taquitos. Ha!

Thanks for another great recipe. :-)

Farmchick said...

Beth...yes you surely could make his and hers!! ha