Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday Breakfast


Our middle son wanted cinnamon rolls.......I didn't have quite the right amount of time to make them so I settled on something just as good and quicker to make!! Yes...sometimes we all have to take the easy way out. ;)

I decided to make MONKEY BREAD to serve with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit. I didn't follow a recipe....I really don't think you need one for things such as these.



This what I did.

12 frozen bun dough balls
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons
1/2 cup butter - melted

Defrost the dough and cut each one into 4 quarters. Dip in butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixure. Place each sugar coated dough bit into a greased bundt pan. Continue with dough until all the pieces are buttered and sugared! Cover bundt pan and dough and put in a warm, draft free spot. When dough is up to the top of your bundt pan....BAKE at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1- 8 oz. package cream cheese {I used the 1/3 fat}
1/4 cup butter
1-2 cups powered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Whip together with kitchen aid.....done!

After the Monkey Bread has been out of the oven for 5 minutes...invert pan onto a plate. Slather on as much or as little frosting as pleases you! I just put a little on and put the rest of the frosting in a bowl for people to help themselves to more frosting if so desired. :)


I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday...don't forget to at least say hi and let me know you were here to visit...so I can make my way over to visit you!!


Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Wow! Looks so good! To bad that my family and I are on a diet and can't eat sugar :(. Oh well, I'm counting the days down till we're done :)!
Happy Palm Sunday!
-Bella Hope!

Country Gal said...

YUMMY ! looks good ! Have a great day !

NoDak Herefords said...

Sure looks tasty.

Beth E. said...

Yummm! That looks delicious!

Wendi said...

Hmmm... I think I will treat my family to this one night this week. Breakfast is on the menu and they would be delighted to see this next to the eggs and ham.

Enjoy your week!

Michelle said...

This looks so good and the entire breakfast sounds delicious!