Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's that time again.....

“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.”
― Margaret Atwood




Spring is in the air....the country roads are busy with tractors and seeders...semitrucks and anhydrous tanks.... My hubby is out in the field now...seeding. It is an exciting time of year for farmers. I love this time of year. In the past I have mentioned that I LOVE the smell of freshly tilled dirt. I cannot wait to get out in the garden and start working! I want to start a few of my pots like these started last spring..but will wait a bit longer!


What are you looking forward to?


Stop by tomorrow and join in my Farm Photo Friday Linky Party!! Thanks to all of you that have participated...and thanks to you that stop by!!


Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

Country Gal said...

I am looking forward to planting my flowers and getting my hands in my gardens still a bit early here maybe in a week or two I can. I love the smell of the cow manure in the breeze in the distance from farmers spreading their feilds . The sound and sight of all things spring ! Have a great day !

Wendi said...

I am looking forward to planting flowers. Another month and I should be able to plant. I love seeing the pop of color and the wonderful smells.

Down On The Farm said...

We haven't planted our garden yet either. Others around here have, but we always wait until we KNOW it won't frost. I am anxious to get at it too. I love watching the garden grow! Blessings to you :0!

Sharon said...

I am looking forward also to get out and plant some flowers but our weather has taken a turn to the cold side so I guess I'd better wait also
Have a wonderful weekend'

Beth E. said...

I'm hoping and praying I'll be able to do some gardening this year. My hip injury has kept me on the sidelines for a couple of months. I soooo want to get my hands into the dirt! :-)

Jen's Farmily said...

There's nothing I love more than seeing fresh tilled dirt. It yells "The possibilities are endless!! Plant something here!"

I don't know if the farmers would call it an 'exciting' time of year or a 'busy' time of year! ;-)