Monday, March 26, 2012

Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting.....no calories here folks!!!

I made this cake for our Sunday Supper dessert....it was a hit! Everyone loved it. You must try it...if you love strawberries...you will love it too!!


Best Ever Strawberry Cake

Printed from Cooks.com

1 box white cake mix

3 TB. plain flour

1 (3 oz) box strawberry jello

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup oil

1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped up

4 eggs

Combine cake mix, flour, Jello and water. Add oil and eggs, one at a time, beating well between. Add strawberries. Beat 2 minutes. Pour batter into well greased and floured 9×13 pan. Bake at 350* for about 45 minutes.

Strawberry Cream Cheese frosting

(adapted from Paula Deen online recipe)


1 stick butter, softened

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened

1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen strawberries -- thawed & pureed

4 cups powdered sugar
{I found this recipe on Pinterest--originally posted by Southern Hospitality}


Don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know that you stopped by. :)


12 Comments:

Blogger Country Gal said...

Oh that looks and sounds delish ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

March 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Keepin' Up With The Jones said...

That sounds great! I'm going to try it out this evening; Thanks for sharing!

March 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Farming On Faith said...

Good Morning Friend~
Yes I have been missing from blog land too. My baby daughter gets married next week. I am frantically trying to get it all done. She is moving to Washington too~ same place as my oldest daughter for the next year or so. Both boys are in the Military. I am trying to not cry too much.

It was good hearing from you~ the cake looks wonderful!

Have a good day~ looks like we are getting a nasty storm a brewing!

March 27, 2012 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Farming On Faith said...

Good Morning Friend~
Yes I have been missing from blog land too. My baby daughter gets married next week. I am frantically trying to get it all done. She is moving to Washington too~ same place as my oldest daughter for the next year or so. Both boys are in the Military. I am trying to not cry too much.

It was good hearing from you~ the cake looks wonderful!

Have a good day~ looks like we are getting a nasty storm a brewing!

March 27, 2012 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Wendi said...

Yum, yum! That frosting sound dangerous. :)

I haven't been getting around blogland much myself. Kids, life and spring stuff are keeping me busy... I know you get it.

Have a great week!

March 27, 2012 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

With all that cookin', gal, it's a wonder you don't weight 500 pounds!! Ooooh, sugar, that does look yummy.
xoxo,
Connie

March 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

That looks YUMMY!! A must try, very soon. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope all is well up north!

March 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Beth E. said...

Wow, that looks delicious! Just might have to try that one. Thanks for the recipe!

March 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh my...now I know what I'm making for the next community supper; thanks!

March 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh my gosh! What a refreshing and happy looking cake. Anything with strawberries makes me happy. Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

July 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Marlys Folly said...

Looks delicious... and glad it has no calories. Thanks for posting on Foodie Friends Friday
marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

July 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Walking on Sunshine... said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

July 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home