Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken Alfredo

I think you will love this recipe. A creamy alfredo dish served with a nice salad.....great comfort food for a cold winter night! :)



CHICKEN ALFREDO

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
6 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 pound fettuccini pasta
1 onion, diced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup sour cream
{before serving I like to grind some nice black pepper on top...it's your choice!}

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccini. {I used what I had on hand....which was thin spaghetti!}

Creamy Chicken Alfredo.....it's what's for supper in Farmchick's Kitchen tonight!!



Have a wonderful day..... :)


Pin It!

14 sweet chicks commented here:

Country Gal said...

MMM YUMMY ! That looks good ! Have a wonderful day !

Lynnie said...

My son loves alfredo, I must print this and make it for him as a surprise. Thanks for sharing this today. It will be a great meal for us over the next nigt or two since my dh is on a business trip and his favorite is not chicken. He will eat it without complaining but it isnt his fav.

Trainwreck said...

I love Alfedo! That looks so good!! Maybe we will have it for dinner? Hope all is well with you and yours. Good to see you again;)
TW

Sarah said...

Yum that looks so good!! I just came back from shopping for the week but I will be making this next week. Thanks!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Yum! Had it for supper tonite!

The Coolidges said...

Looks delish!!

Amy
www.coolidgelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com

Julie Harward said...

This looks so creamy good! I love this dish and would pick it any time, any where! :D

Katie @Pinke Post said...

Recipe looks just what I need for an easy family meal on these cold nights! I have a "work" idea I'd like to run past you. I'm now working in Bismarck and am trying to gather a few ND bloggers to the attend the Local Foods conference in Fargo Feb. 3-4. If you are interested can you please email me? katpinke@gmail.com Thanks so much! Learn more here:
http://www.nd.gov/ndda/program/local-foods-initiative

Paula said...

OH BOY! This looks SO delicious... I will definitely give this yummy winter dish a try!

Helen at Helen's Cooking said...

Now this is just SUPER DELICIOUS!!! nom! I will have to cook this today!!!

Lady Farmer said...

Delish! I made your recipe the other night and Gentleman Farmer loved it! And so did I. Thank you for sharing it. (I added broccoli and left out the mushrooms as I didn't have any.)
Hope your garden dreams come true!;~P
Blessings!

Sweet Blessings said...

That looks soooo delicious...and truy a perfect dish for a cold, cold day! Praying things are going well in your little part of the world...and smiling as I check into your blog...at all the ways God has gifted you! Sweet blessings!

Amber said...

Yum! This looks delish!

Tanya said...

Thanks for sharing! I had this on my menu but did not have a recipe. I figured I would use jar stuff but this is way better and looks easy. Thanks again.