Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Candy #1 Chocolate Caramel Candy

Happy Saturday, friends. :) Well, due to all that has been going on around the farm and with our family I am WAYYYYYYY behind on my Christmas baking. I did make these yummy bars the other day. They taste a lot like Snickers....they are really, really good! Try them out....I think your family will love them!

What's your favorite Christmas treat to make? Mine is my Mom's fudge...I have not made that yet though....it would disappear too soon and then I would have to make more!! ;) Even if I hide it...it still seems to disappear!


CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CANDY

Ingredients
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

FILLING:
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1-1/2 cups marshmallow creme
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts



CARAMEL LAYER:
1 package (14 ounces) caramels
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

ICING:
1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter



Directions
Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; butter the foil with 2 teaspoons butter and set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine the milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter; stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and milk; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Add peanuts. Spread over first layer. Refrigerate until set.
For caramel layer, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the caramels and cream; stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cook and stir 4 minutes longer. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until set.
For icing, in another saucepan, combine chips and peanut butter; stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Pour over the caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cutting. Cut into whatever size you like. ;)




Pin It!

12 sweet chicks commented here:

Country Gal said...

MMMMM ! looks YUMMY ! I will have to try baking them someday ! Have a wonderful day !

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

Looks delicious! My family also bakes goodies BIG TIME as gifts for our family. Everyone knows that we make specific, unique goodies that can't be found in most old-fashioned candy stores, so we are literally stuck in the kitchen for days baking. It's worth it. My family is always in awe and looking heavenward as they take a bite of of our the goodies. But, I think I will try your recipe!

Lana - Merry Christmas.

Twisted Fencepost said...

My goodness that looks yummy!!
My favorite thing to make is my peanut butter fudge. Unfortunately, it's also my favorite thing to eat. *sigh*

Mamabug said...

What a wonderful recipe! Thanks for dropping by my blog for a visit and for leaving a comment. Hope you'll come back again! I'm now following your blog! Be back again real soon to read some more!

Lemon Lane Cottage said...

WOW...those look so good. Your recipes look yummy. I will definitely be back to see more. Patty

Julie Harward said...

Hi there..this makes me want to take a bite right here! YUM! Have a wonderful Christmas! :D

Lynnie said...

OH MY GOODNESS... are you trying to further corrupt us? Those look uh-mazing!!! I am scared to try these, it might be one of those things you hope nobody else will like?!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Those look amazing and I love Snickers! We have been baking this weekend too...the first year I actually completed the baking I started...lol

Linda Stubbs said...

Oh my........this looks wonderful!!!!!! Thank you for the recipe! Also thank you for the sweet comment you left me at my blog........I love seeing "farmchick" such a cute name!
Hugs and Merry CHRISTmas,
Linda

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

Did someone say caramel? Ooooh, my favorite food in the whole wide world! It is a food group, isn't it? Ok, in my world it is, lol! Thank you for coming by my blog, I am your "newest" follower. Oh, did I mention that I love fudge too? I have made three batches so far, and my jeans are not fitting just right for some reason? Great to meet you, and I hope you will follow back.

Nezzy said...

Oh darlin', these look absolutely drool like a rabid dog delicious. Farm Boys favorite candy bar is Snickers!

I make tons of fudge. Chocolate peanut butter swirl, reg. chocolate pecan, dark chocolate pecan, coconut. Then there are the peanut cluster, cashew patties and white chocolate dipped pretzles drizzled with dark chocolate but what I get the most feedback on are my chocolate, chocolate truffles.

God bless ya sweetie and enjoy this season with great friends, family and fudge! Heeehehehe!!!!

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

If you need a new hiding spot, you could try my house :-) but I can't guarantee you'll have better luck :-D