Sunday, December 11, 2011

A bump in our road


I am sorry that I did not get my Farm Photo Friday linky party up and going. We had a bump in our road.... our youngest was admitted to the hospital on Thursday. This has been the first hospital stay for any of our children....and to tell you the truth it was scary! {the longest two days of my life} He is home now and as long as he is able to take his med, drink and eat he can stay home to recuperate! Prayers for him to return to great health would be appreciated.

I am hoping to get more Christmas baking done soon.....what have you been baking? Please leave me a comment and tell me or just say hi!!

Pin It!

13 sweet chicks commented here:

ohiofarmgirl said...

Sending prayers your way. Hope he is better. Dianntha

Country Gal said...

Sorry to hear this ! Hope he has a speedy recovery !

Country Whispers said...

Hope he gets better soon.
There is nothing more scary than when your child is sick.
I haven't even begun the baking yet but will be soon.

Farmchick said...

So sorry to hear about this! We haven't had a hospital stay....yet! After 15 yrs of parenting we had our first broken bone this weekend. Our daughter has a broken wrist. So, I feel your pain, literally. Sending wishes for a speedy recovery at your house.

Beth E. said...

I'm so glad your son is home, now...continuing to pray!

I have made several loaves of cinnamon coffee cake. It's what everyone requests I make for them. :-) I have lot's left to make before Christmas, though!

Teresa said...

I hope your boy is doing better now. That's certainly scary.

Marie said...

Oh my, mother hens worry so much about their little chicks when they end up in the hospital because someone else is calling the shots and you feel so helpless, don't you? I am glad your little one is home again and in your care - best wishes for a speedy recovery! I haven't begun to bake my Christmas goodies yet - no worries! Plenty of time to add on those extra calories! :)

Kim said...

Hugs and prayers from Kansas! I haven't done much holiday baking yet, but since our first Christmas celebration is coming up next weekend, I suspect that will change this week. Besides, if I make things too early, they just get eaten. Again, hope your son is feeling better each and every day!

vivian said...

I hope things are better there by now. with my four kids, I cant even tell you how many hospital visits weve had for so many different reasons, broken bones, stitches, needles stuck in feet, too many eye surgeries, tonsils out, appendexes out, foot surgery, exploratory surgery, major tests and procedures, 105 degree temps and assorted other illnesses.. I really should try to remember all of these and write them down! needless to say, I feel your pain. There is nothing harder or scarier then having a child at the hospital. ((hugs!))
xoxo
vivian

Kate said...

Prayers your way - glad that he's home and recouperating!

Kate said...

Prayers your way - glad that he's home and recouperating!

365 days of fifty said...

Hope all is better. We have been baking gingerbread houses, enchiladas and lots of hot coffee!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Farming On Faith said...

No not a thing!

Like you we have had some bumps in the road. My mom had to be taken to the hospital and had to have her main artery in her neck cleaned out. It was almost closed. She is doing better but not running any races.

And my sister had a biopsy done of a mass in her breast~ we found out today that it is not cancer. The odds were 50/50 so I have been on pins and needles all weekend. Needless to say it is a good day.

I can bake now and I am starting tomorrow.

I will be praying your child!

Peace and Blessings~
Carrie