Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gooseberry Patch Galore Monday ~ Recipe #5

Whoa.....I can't believe it is Wednesday already. I just didn't have time to get my recipe shared on Monday nor my recipe swap on Tuesday....sooooo I guess I will do them both today! Things have been wayy toooo crazzzyyyy here. Our youngest has bad fall allergies and then after that starts things start to spiral out of control....he gets sinus problems and does not feel well. They put him on a new allergy med and we are hoping this helps...if anyone has any tips or experience on allergies and allergies with drainage down the back of throat...do please share. This poor Mama wants her baby to feel good!!


So moving on to my recipe. This recipe is out of Gooseberry's Big Book of Homecooking. I LOVE this book so much. :)



S'MORES MUFFINS
1 c. shortening
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 c. sugar
1/4 c. baking cocoa
2 t. salt
3 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. graham crackers, crushed
1 c. mini marshmellows
1 c. chocoate chips
Garnish: marshmallow creme, graham cracker crumbs


Combine shortening, eggs, sour cream and sugar; set aside. Mi together remaining ingredients except garnish in a separate mixing bowl; add shortening mixture to cocoa mixture. Fill greased muffin tines 3/4 full and bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes; remove muffins from pans. Garnish with marshmallow creme and graham cracker crumbs. I have to admit...I didn't do this part. I THOUGHT I had some marshmallow creme...but when I went to the pantry to find it....it was not there. ;) They tasted good without the garnish but would probably look prettier with it!


Please leave me a message and let me know you were here. I am going to try to get back to visit people....I miss visiting you all. :)

Pin It!

1 sweet chicks commented here:

Patty Sumner said...

Yummy! Those look great. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!