Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gooseberry Patch Galore Monday ~ Recipe #4

Welcome to Gooseberry Patch Galore Monday....yes, I am a day late.....sorry!! Anyway, thanks everyone for stopping by for the comments and the emails. I love hearing from you all. Also, thanks to those of you that have been playing along in my recipe and picture parties!!! :)


Apparently I have a thing with malt as my last recipe posted was a yummy malt cookie. I love chocolate malts and always add EXTRA malt to mine....so when I saw this recipe for Malted Hot Chocolate I thought it sounded perfect. Since we just had our first snow....and the wind was blowing like crazy this was a perfect drink to make. It's creamy and not too sweet. My whipped cream melted down by the time I got to take the picture but you get the point!!



Malted Hot Chocolate

1-oz. sqs. bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped
1/2 c. boiling water
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 c. milk
3 T. malted milk powder
Garnish: whipped topping, crushed malted milk ball candies
Place chocolate in a small bowl; pour boiling water over chocolate. Let stand for 3 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine cream and milk over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Stir in malted milk powder; set aside. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth; add to milk mixture. Garnish with whipped topping and crushed candies.I didn't crush my candy....I wanted to enjoy it whole! ;)


Now head on over to my recipe linky party....come folks...let's SHARE our great recipes. :) Click here to go to my latest recipe swap.

Pin It!

1 sweet chicks commented here:

Sarah said...

Yum!