Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gooseberry Patch Galore Monday ~ Recipe #3

Yes, I know it's not Monday....but as I stated in my last post....time just ran out! So, welcome to Gooseberry Patch Galore Monday....on Wednesday!!!! ;)

Today I made GIANT CHOCOLATE MALT COOKIES and let me tell you that are scrumptious!! I decided not to make them quite as GIANT as suggested in the recipe. As soon as the last batch is baked a few cookies will be heading out to the field to be enjoyed as we combine our sunflowers. :)


GIANT CHOCOLATE MALT COOKIES
1 c. butter-flavor shortening
1 1/4/ c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. malted milk powder
2 T. chocolate syrup
1 egg
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1 c. milk chocolate chips

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add egg; ix well and set aside.
Stir together flour, soda and salt; add shortening mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocolate. Shape into 1/2 -cup balls; press down to form 3 1/2-inch round discs. Arrange 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 8 cookies. **Note I just made these cookies in regular size--they still taste great...just smaller!! ***





Remember to leave me a message...I sooo enjoy hearing from each and every one of you.


Pin It!

4 sweet chicks commented here:

cindy said...

I think you made the best comfort food in the world. I can almost smell them. hehe

Sharon said...

Those do look so good and I am sure that they will be a big hit for the family.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Hugs

Country Gal said...

YUMMY ! All I would need with them is a nice hot cup of tea and I'd be set. Thanx for sharing. Have a good evening.

Michelle said...

These look delicious - will definitely try them. You mentioned Halloween candy, so I want to share what we do with all our chocolate. We make our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but instead of chocolate chips add all the chocolate cut into bite size pieces. Any candy bar works - snicker, twix, pb cups, milky way, even whoppers. It's great because every bite tastes different!