Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting

Happy Sunday to you! :) I hope your day is going well. I decided to share my Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll recipe today...sooooo yummy plain or with the added Cream Cheese Frosting.

PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons melted butter

In small saucepan, heat milk and 2 tablespoons butter just until warm and butter is almost melted, stirring constantly. In large bowl, {I use my kitchen aide) combine pumpkin, sugar,cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Add milk mixture and beat with electric mixer until well mixed. Now you can beat in your egg and yeast.

Add half of the flour to pumpkin mixture. Beat mixture on low speed for about 5 minutes, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Add remaining flour and mix. Place dough into a greased bowl--flip dough to lightly grease both sides.

Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled - about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Turn onto floured surface. Now knead the dough a few times - sprinkle with flour until the dough is not to sticky to handle. Roll dough into 12x10 inch rectangle.

In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Brush dough with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Beginning with long side of dough, roll up jellyroll style. Pinch seam to seal. Cut roll into twelve 1- inch slices. Place rolls in a greased 11 x 13 pan and let them rise again...until doubled in size.

Now bake them at 350 for 20-25 minutes....or until golden brown.



Cream Cheese Frosting
For the frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
2 tbsp. heavy cream

Combine the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of your Kitchen Aide and beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Blend in the vanilla extract. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar until incorporated and smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add the heavy cream to the bowl and beat on medium-low speed just until incorporated, then increase the speed to medium-high and whip for 4 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Don't forget that tomorrow is Gooseberry Patch Galore Monday...so I will be sharing a Gooseberry Patch recipe with all of you. Tuesday is my recipe swap....so I hope you are preparing to share one of your yummy recipes on my new swap!!

Don't forget to leave me a comment so I know you were here....have a great week!
Also linked to:

Pin It!

8 sweet chicks commented here:

Laura said...

Looks so yummy! My husband loves regular cinnamon rolls...I wonder if he would like these. I may have to try! :-)

Farmchick said...

Nice recipe and a great change up from the regular cinnamon roll!

Country Whispers said...

YUM!
What a great twist to a cinnamon roll. I'll be trying this one soon.
Thanks for sharing.

Country Gal said...

Looks yummy. Have a wonderful eve.

basebell6 said...

i'm up for trying pumpkin ANYTHING. and we love homemade cinnamon rolls. i'm bookmarking this and trying it this week!

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

Our household is full of pumpkin ANYTHING freaks!!! These look amazing!

Lana

Grace said...

Oh my those look good. You know what I like!

Don't you just love this time of year?

Nezzy said...

Oh Honey...just stick a fork in me 'cause I'm done!!! These look like pure heaven. MMMmmmmm!

God bless ya and have an extraordinary day sweetie! :o)