Monday, October 17, 2011

Gooseberry Patch Recipe #1

I made this dessert for Sunday supper yesterday. It was quick to whip up and no hassles to cook. You just put it in your slow cooker and you are done!
I decided to post my Gooseberry Patch recipe every Monday. Tuesday I am hosting a recipe linky party. I am hoping you can join in on the fun. I would love to see anything you are making in your kitchens. :) It doesn't have to be a Gooseberry Patch recipe but it surely can be!!



Hot Fudge Spoon Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed and divided
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup hot watewr
vanilla ice cream
Combine flour, one cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla. Spread evenly in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Mix together remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle evenly over top of batter. Pour in hot water; do not stir. Cover and cook on high settings for 2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted one-inch deep comes out clean. Spoon warm cake into bowls; top with vanilla ice cream, if desired. Serves 6
Thanks for stopping and please don't forget to say HI!! :)


I linked up to:


Made from Scratch Tuesday

Two Maids a Milking

Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

Country Gal said...

Oh looks YUMMY ! will have to give it a try. Have a wonderful eve.

Michaele said...

Good gosh that looks good!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness..I just gained a pound looking at your photo!
This will be the perfect dessert when my grandchildren visit!
Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing which recipes you chose..Gooseberry Patch has so many good ones!

Beth E. said...

Yummm! Gooey chocolate is always a good thing. :-) I've made this recipe before, but never in a slow cooker. I'll have to give it a try...thanks!

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

Looks very delicious! I had seen one similar to this before and had forgotten to try it. I've saved your recipe and can't wait to try it:)

Liz @ Two Maids a Milking said...

Looks super yummy!! Thanks for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!