Monday, October 24, 2011

Gooseberry Patch Galore Monday ~ Recipe #2

Thank you for stopping by....I hope you enjoy my Gooseberrry Patch recipe for this week! Here is a picture of it fresh from the oven....keep reading for the recipe. :)

Tomorrow it's time for my new Fresh From the Farm Recipe Swap. I would love to have you play along and share one of your recipes. I know you are all great cooks!! :) Click here to read all about it and come back tomorrow to join in on the fun!!

King Ranch Chicken Casserole
1 c. onion, diced
1 c. green pepper, diced
8 oz. pkg. sliced mushrooms
1/4 c. butter
10 3/4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
10 3/4-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
10-oz. can tomatoes with chiles
1 clove garlic
2 T. chili powder
1 T. chicken broth
12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, torn into quarters
3 c. cooked chicken, diced and divided
16-oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Saute onion, pepper and mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add soups, tomatoes, garlic, chili poweder and broth; heat until bubbly and set aside.
Arrange half the tortilla pieces in a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish, with with half the chicken, half the sauce and half the cheese. Repeat layers, Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


Serve with a nice green salad and your are good to go!!! :) Make this farmchick happy and leave me a comment and join my swap tomorrow. I don't ask for much now do I?

Pin It!

14 sweet chicks commented here:

cindy said...

that looks like a winner!

Tina´s PicStory said...

looks very yummy :)

Tales from the Ranch said...

I have to get some of their cook-books. At-least Christmas is not too far off!

Farmchick said...

This does look good! BTW...I grew up at Minot Air Force Base for 9 years. I have a lot of fond memories on ND.

Farmchick said...

Thanks for stopping by Cindy and Tina!! :)

Farmchick said...

Thanks for stopping by Cindy and Tina!! :)

Farmchick said...

Tales from the Ranch...YES...Gooseberry Cookbooks are the best!!

Farmchick said...

The other FARMCHICK!! ;) Ahh....thanks for sharing this with me....ND is a great place to grow up and live!!

Country Gal said...

Looks YUMMY ! Thanx for sharing the recipe ! Have a wonderful eve.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sounds like a winner for our family! Thanks for sharing! Will put this on the menu after the next grocery shopping trip!

Have a great week, my friend! :)

Blessings,
Tammy

Kindra-At Home With K said...

You're killing me with this recioe and the cinnamon rolls below! No dairy or gluten at our house. But your pictures are enough to enjoy! Wonderful eye candy!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

You're killing me with this recioe and the cinnamon rolls below! No dairy or gluten at our house. But your pictures are enough to enjoy! Wonderful eye candy!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Yummm, looks delicious! This will have to be a must try next week :)

The Coolidges said...

Looks amazing! I'm always looking for new things to cook, so I'm going to love this new thing you've started. Forgot to join in this week, but will try to remember for next tuesday. Love it! Would love for you to follow my blog as well!

Amy
www.coolidgelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com