Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Cake Batter Rice Krispie Bars

You have probably seen these bars around the internet lately. I decided I would try them using fallish sprinkles....since Fall is almost here!!! Rice krispie bars and lots of sprinkles.....a kids dream right?!? :)
Try them out.....see what you think. I like the cake batter taste....it's a subtle taste but I think it tastes pretty good! I can't wait to see what my kids think of them.




Cake Batter Rice Krispies Recipe

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. butter
1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
1/3 cup yellow cake mix
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
Thanks for stopping by--leave me comment and make my day. :)



Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I have seen that recipe and I have tried it and it is yummy.
I will have to make them again when the weather is cool and I want to warm up the kitchen.
Thanks for sharing.

September 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

These look excellent - I'm definitely going to try them!

September 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I like the cake mix in this recipe. I am going to make a batch and bring these up to my daughter this weekend when we go up to see her.(parents weekend at her college)Thanks!!

September 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Those look good!

September 20, 2011 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Country Gal said...

Looks soo yummy !

September 20, 2011 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger dr momi said...

I haven't seen this anywhere yet. I'll have to try it!

September 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home