Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wordless Wednesday [with a few words}



Our fields and fields of sunflowers are now in full bloom and oh what a GLORIOUS sight! I can stand on our deck or look out my kitchen window and enjoy the view--because of crop rotation this is not always possible!

I have so many recipes and pictures that I want to share with you but I have been busy trying to get things organized with harvest and school starting. I think I am doing pretty well so I should be back to share with you all. :)

Leave me a comment and say hi....I hope I didn't lose a lot of you with my lack of posting. Don't forget about Farm Photo Friday coming up. Join in on the fun!






Also linked to:

Pin It!

11 sweet chicks commented here:

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Beautiful picture! Happy WW! :)

Wendi said...

I could look at those happy flowers all day! :)

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

BEAUTIFUL picture!!!

The Wife of a Dairyman said...

I bet those sunflowers are such a colorful sight!! Have a great evening:) And thanks for stopping by earlier:)

Country Whispers said...

I love sunflowers..they are just so bright and cheerful.

Nel said...

How pretty... I know what you mean by lack of blogging... busy crazy summer!
until next time... nel

Jen said...

I could stand to look at a field on sunflowers from my deck -- looks just like they are all smiling up at you -- but -- my cows reached over the garden fence and ate the tops off of mine ! Lovely picture -- thanks for sharing !

Jennifer said...

Gotta love sunflowers. Pretty.

Judy Johnson said...

Great photo of your sunflowers!! I tell my huband over and over that just looking at a field of sunflowers has to make anyone smile! It sure does that for me! We dont' farm at all any more, just hay and cattle but if we did farm again, I'd vote to raise sunflowers, just for their beauty and how they make me feel!

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

Good Morning!
It looks like I'm your newest follower :)...found you through Michaele over at Sprout 'n' Wings Farm. I LOVE your sunflowers...I wish they'd plant them all around us. Last year on our way to the vet we came across fields of sunflowers on both sides of the road. There were just the odd ones that had opened so when we went back to have our dogs stitches taken out I took my camera. When we rounded the corner out of the trees we couldn't believe our eyes...it was like driving into this BIG WONDERFUL HAPPY PLACE! I can just imagine how it would feel looking out your windows on such a happy sight...how could you not be in a good mood when you wake up to something like that! I've got my post ready and I'll be hooking up with you for Farm Photo Friday...looks like fun!
Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend...
Maura :)

Sweet Blessings said...

I Love your sunflowers! Wishing you a GREAT September and back to school routine! May this year be overflowing with lots of warm, magical moments...and many Sweet blessings!