Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Farmchick's Chickaritos!!! :) Come see what it is.

Thanks for coming. :) Life on the farm is busy as usual. With August brings school, canning and harvest. I love this time of year and hate it too! Sounds confusing, I know. I LOVE harvest...both my garden and harvesting of our crops but ever since my kids have started school I also hate this time of year because I hate sending them back to school. I always struggle this time of year with these feelings. So, on to our my recipe.

CHICKARITOS are basically an eggroll with a mexican twist! I love them and I love that they are made the HEALTHY way {baked not fried}!!


Chickaritos
3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese or whatever you have!
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup corn

3/4 cup salsa
1 teaspoon pressed garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
you can also add black beans but I didn't have any
egg roll wrappers
Guacamole
Salsa

Shred or chop chicken.



In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, onions, cheese and seasonings.



Put approx. 2 tablespoons filling in middle and roll it up! If you need directions on how to roll up an eggroll wrapper just refer to the package. :) It's pretty easy.

Bake at 400° until golden brown or browned to your liking.

Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by....remember to leave a comment....you know all bloggers love comments!




Also linked to:



Pin It!

11 sweet chicks commented here:

The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Oh those look so good, and something I think the kiddos would love too!
P.S. thanks for adding me to your blogroll, I will do the same....I think you were the only commenter who knew what chokecherry was!

Nicole said...

Sounds yummy!

tnicolej.blogspot.com

JamieS said...

Love it! Adding it to my "list".

~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

Country Whispers said...

Yum!
These look great and I love the fact that they are baked and not fried.

Country Gal said...

MMM It all looks soo YUMMY ! Thanx for sharing! Have a great day !

Sharon said...

Those sure do look yummy and I will have to try them. I love the fact also that they are baked not fried.
I will make them when it cools down don't want to heat up the kitchen right now.
Hugs

Beth E. said...

These sound absolutely wonderful! I'm going to have to try them...and soon!

vivian said...

how about you come here and eat my sloppy joes, and I'll come there and eat those! looks yummy!
Our kids (well not mine as Mine are all grown) but kids here, go back to school after labor day in sept.
have a great week
vivian

Vickie said...

Oh, these look good! and easy! Think I'll snag your recipe!

I remember just a few short years ago when my kids were still in school. Two have graduated and one's still in college. So it's not quite the same... I always loved summer and no real schedules and just relaxing and playing and swimming and having fun with my kiddos. Summer always flies by!

Melinda said...

Yum! I love the Mexican twist on the egg roll!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Those Look DELISH!!! I can't wait to try them. My guys will LOVE them.

Hope all is well with you and your family. We are doing ok...can't believe schools starts in about 3 wks. Summer flew by.