Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ooey Gooey Caramel Rice Krispy Treats

Hi~ thanks for stopping by. I think you will L-O-V-E these treats....they are always a BIG hit! Would love for you to join my latest link party....Homemade by YOU ~ Monday. Scroll down to the next post or click here to check it out!! :) Now on to this gooey recipe! :)

Caramel Rice Krispy Treats

8 tablespoons butter, divided
8 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
8 cups crisp rice cereal, divided
1 package (14 ounces) caramels I used the Kraft caramel bits that you find in the baking section -- much easier than unwrapping all those caramels!
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

Directions: In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and 4 cups marshmallows; stir until smooth. Stir in 4 cups cereal. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.

For caramel filling, place the caramels and 4 tablespoons butter in another saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in the milk until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes; pour over cereal layer. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.

In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter and marshmallows. Stir in remaining cereal. Spread over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Now, start handing them out to your family and friends..............so you don't eat them all yourself!! ;)
I had two posts scheduled to post while we were at the lake.........{this was one of them} but for some reason they did not post! The other one was my new linky party....Homemade by You ~ Monday. I am disappointed that I didn't get it posted but not sure if I should post it now on Tuesday or wait until next week?!?!?!

I have some great new recipes, pictures and other things to share.........hope you will stop back soon and check them out. Thanks for stopping by and as always..........don't forget to say HI! :)
Scroll down to the post below this one and join in my link party called Homemade by YOU ~ Monday. Show me your tasty recipes, creative crafts and clever projects. :)



I linked up with:

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger ohiofarmgirl said...

They look just wonderful! Hope you are having better weather than we are..thanks for stopping by. Dianntha

July 12, 2011 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Country Gal said...

MMMM YUMMY ! Looks great ! Hot,Hot, Hot here ! Its the humidity that makes it feel soo hot ! Have a good day !

July 12, 2011 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Wendi said...

Oh my! I am going to save this recipe and make those for a family reunion. I think they would be a huge hit!

July 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

You should post your homemade link now cause I just posted some recipes I could link to it! lol.

July 12, 2011 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh - these look soooo good! I'm definitely going to have to try them!

July 12, 2011 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger small farm girl said...

I have GOT to try these!

July 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

They look so good.

July 12, 2011 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh man... those look goooooooooood. I think I just gained a pound looking at them. Yum.

July 12, 2011 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger vivian said...

omg! Im going to have to try these! now i've got to go scrape up something for breakfast!
have a great day!
xo
vivian

July 13, 2011 at 5:43 AM  
Blogger Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch said...

How strange! I woke up thinking about Rice Krispie Treats this morning. I'm making these TODAY the canning will have to wait. A girl need sweet food.

July 13, 2011 at 5:58 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Wow those look fantastic!

July 13, 2011 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by . . . glad you did because it looks like you have lots of yummy recipes on here that I need to try. :) Those look AMAZING.

July 13, 2011 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Hi there nice site you got here! Thanks for dropping by my place, too! Aumee

July 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

those look awesome! yummo! sure hope the flooding quits and your farm friends can hopefully recover...sigh...this weather is horrible! texas is in a drought and missouri is under water....so sad.

July 14, 2011 at 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

This is a twist from the plain treats I've always made - I'll have to try these very soon! I'll be checking out some of your other posts...glad to be blog buddies!!

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com

July 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Yummy...caramel is one of my favorites!

July 16, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home