Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Keep your face to the sunshine :)

The weather here has been warm and that really sparked our crops to start growing. I looked out my kitchen window and could not believe how much this particular crop has grown.

What is it you ask? Well, my friends this is a field of sunflowers. Can you imagine what a beautiful sight will greet me every morning when they start blooming? They will be there everyday in all of their glory, shining bright and following the sun. Not too many things more beautiful than hundreds of acres of sunflowers!!


In the second photo you can see the rows....which I always think looks so nice. The brownish/rust area you see in the middle of the picture is a low spot that was too wet to seed. Weeds were growing there until my farmer sprayed the field. :) With all of the rain this spring we have a lot of wet areas in our fields.

As I survey our land and our crops I can't help but be soo thankful that God has given us the opportunity to be stewards of his land. I am so thankful that we are able to live out here and raise our family. I can't think of ANYTHING I would rather do. What are you thankful for today?

Keep your face to the sunshine
and you cannot see the shadow.
It's what sunflowers do."
by Helen Keller

Please remember to leave me a comment....you can answer my question or just say hi. I would love to return your visit.

Pin It!

13 sweet chicks commented here:

Laura said...

Sunflowers are the happiest flower that I know...next to the daisy! I can't wait to see a picture of yours in all their glory!

Sharon said...

I love sunflowers.
The corn here is looking so good and it is so tall the farmers should have a good crop this year if we don't have a nasty hail storm.
I am thankful for another day to walk with the Lord.
Hugs

ohiofarmgirl said...

I am thankful for dear blog friends that continue to visit me during this difficult time. Thanks for your kindness. Blessings, Dianntha

Wendi said...

I can't help but smile when I see sunflowers. :)

City Life to Ranching Wife said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of them in full bloom! We are so blessed to live such a wonderful life. Thank you for the photos and the reminder of how lucky I am!

rmgales said...

I love sunflowers. Can't wait to see a picture when they bloom.

Mrs.B said...

We have some sunflowers growing too- only a few though.

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

So beautiful! Incredible landscape pictures! I feel more peaceful just looking at them!

Velva said...

Oh wow! Stunning. I can imagine the view from your window in about month. Thanks for sharing.

Velva

Leslie said...

Hi!!! Thanks for stopping by the spoonful blog ~ I am so glad that you did, I got a chance to visit you!
I imagine that those sunflower fields will be amazing!!

I love the quote~

Have a fantastic Friday!!!

Joani said...

Love seeing all those things growing. I miss seeing those fields of alfalfa or flowers that used to be around. Anymore, it is red roofs and such. Thanks for sharing.

Alana Jo said...

I love sunflowers! Can't wait to see them when they bloom.

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I made it and it is letting comment!!! We are in a terrible drought and crops are a total bust here. Keep Oklahoma and Texas in your prayers. We've seen 115 actual degrees......I've sweated in places I didn't know could produce sweat! Your crops are looking great! Do you still have the sunflowers? I have ended up really doing well with my photography and staying almost too busy. Who knew a hobby could produce income....SWEET!!! Have a blessed week and remember to keep your face to the sun!!!