Thursday, July 21, 2011

Time goes by.....quickly!

HELP!! Please someone put the brakes on our summer!! I cannot stand the thought of my kids going back to school. I know....it is over a month away but we are on the downhill slide and this is usually the time I start getting that icky feeling!!

I have been cooking {as usual} trying to think of an assortment of "farmer-in-the-field-friendly meals" like these roast beef sammies. My farmer it seems is always spraying and always in a hurry. Conditions have to be just right to be out in the field spraying so when he can be out there I don't want to slow him down so that is when I try to make him a meal he can eat with one hand!! These buns you see pictured here are quick and easy...I posted the recipe a few years back. Go HERE to see the recipe.


Here is my farmer spraying.......again! We are hoping he gets caught up on his work soon so that we can go back to the lake.


This is a picture I took at the lake last week when we were there spending a few fun and relaxing days fishing, tubing and just floating around. :)


Don't forget to join in on my link party tomorrow. To find out more about Farm Photo Friday just click here. You can post photos taken on your farm, ranch, in your garden or pictures taken out in the country.
Please leave me a message so that I know you were here and also so that I can stop by your place.

I linked up to:





Pin It!

5 sweet chicks commented here:

Country Gal said...

Sammies look yummy ! Nice photos ! Have a good day !

Katie @Pinke Post said...

Farm meals are sometimes tough to come up with creative ideas. We do a lot of hot sandwiches, chicken or hamburgers, pizza burgers and then also a lot of wraps using tortillas. You can get pretty creative with those. We include a piece of fruit or bag of grapes, bag of chips or pretzels and then cookies, bar or piece of cake. Each meal is in a paper bag. My mom is the ace and I've learned from her and grandma to put together field meals. Hope you get to the lake soon. Do you go to Sakakwea?

Allison at Novice Life said...

Boy do I ever know what you mean about just the right time to spray ;)

Farmchick said...

Katie~Believe me....I think I have come up with just about everything there is to serve in the field! :) Coming from a long line of farmers {all my grandparents and great grandparents were farmer...then my parents too plus same goes with my hubby's side...} I have had much experience!

Thanks for stopping by all.

Jen's Farmily said...

I love that lake shot!