Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weight Watcher Wednesday


Due to the fact that I have many comments and emails asking me if I do any Weight Watcher's recipes....I decided to dedicate each Wednesday to a WW recipe. I hope you all will enjoy these recipes and put them to good use! If you are not a point counter for weight watchers you can still make these drumsticks and feel good about eating a healthy meal without all the fat of regular buffalo chicken! :)

Farmchick's Lighter Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks

12 skinless, drumsticks
1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce plus 2 tablespoons
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoon oregano
4 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
salt and cracked pepper
celery, in strips
blue cheese dressing
Light sour cream
-----------------------------
to make the dressing I use 4 tablespoons blue cheese dressing mixed with
1/2 cup light sour cream. Much lighter but you still get the blue cheese taste!
-----------------------------

Remove skin from drumsticks. Marinate drumsticks in 2 tablespoons hot sauce, vinegar, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.

Bake chicken at 350 degrees until juices run clear. Serve with 1 tablespoon dressing.

Now add the remaining hot sauce to chicken, toss to coat and heat in oven for 10 minutes.

One drumstick with one tablespoon sauce = 2 weight watchers points! Yummy!

Oh and don't forget to eat your celery!! :)

Leave me a comment so I know you stopped by....tell me if you are a "weight watcher"


Farmchick's Lighter Buffalo Drumsticks

that's what's cookin' in

Farmchick's Kitchen

tonight!!!!!!

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger christy rose said...

This sounds yummy! And a weight watcher recipe? i will definitely give it a try.
I just popped over from Beth's at Outnumbered 3 to 1. I love making new blogging friends. You have a great blog. If you are interested, please stop by and meet me and my family too. It was nice hanging out at your place for a bit. I will be back to visit you at your farm. :)
Christy

January 20, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Wendi said...

I am excited about this! Can't wait to try some yummy new recipes.

January 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Goodwife said...

Isn't WW faboo?? Joining was the very best thing I've ever done for my health!

January 20, 2010 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Beth E. said...

I haven't followed WW for a few years...I did quite well while I was on it. It you plan to feature WW recipes on Wednesdays, I just might have to jump back on that wagon...goodness knows I need to!

January 20, 2010 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Looks very yummy...

January 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Julie Harward said...

SOUNDS JUST TASTEY AS CAN BE..THANKS! I HAVE NEVER USED ANY OF THEIR RECIPES BUT IT'S A GOOD IDEA! COME SAY HI :D

January 20, 2010 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

This is my first time stopping by your blog. Love it! Love the recipes, the pictures, the Ben Franklin quote. I'm praying for the family of the 9-year-old who passed away. What a tragedy for that family. Praying that God will meet them where they are and bring them great peace and comfort in the midst of such sadness.

January 20, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger The Wife said...

Looks good and healthy. Can't beat that!

January 20, 2010 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Growing Up A Country Girl said...

Great idea - I've started a "be accountable" entry on Wednesday - plan to refer to other bloggers helpful hints... I'll send some your way!

January 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger ohiofarmgirl said...

Yes..that does look yummy! Dianntha

January 21, 2010 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Autumn Mist said...

Just dropped by to say what a lovely blog, all the way from England! I love American food, it seems so much more imaginative than ours. We have fish and chips! Can you tell me what a yam is? I'd love to know!
Drop by my blog some time, you'll be very welcome.

January 21, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey ladybug, what a good idea! I love wings, so this may come in awful handy for me. The plus side is, I don't need the dressing!! Hope you are doing well. Come see me!!

January 21, 2010 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger Pony Girl said...

Your recipes are looking scrumptious! Especially the pasta and shrimp and tomatoes...yum! I hope you are having a decent winter, looks like the kiddos are enjoying it! ;)

January 21, 2010 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Sweet Blessings said...

What a great idea...I like this post..and I'm hoping I get to try the recipe soon! Sweet blessings!

January 22, 2010 at 8:34 PM  
Blogger vivian said...

I'll be looking forward to your wednesday posts! I lost 36 pounds, but still want to lose about 34 more!
I might try this with boneless chicken breasts. not a big fan of the drumstick! sounds really good though.

January 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger vivian said...

I'll be looking forward to your wednesday posts! I lost 36 pounds, but still want to lose about 34 more!
I might try this with boneless chicken breasts. not a big fan of the drumstick! sounds really good though.

January 23, 2010 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love WW recipes!

January 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home