Monday, January 5, 2009

Out with the cold, I mean old and in with the new!!

Greetings from the land of snow and wayyyyyyyyyyyyy below zero temps!! We can't seem to warm up here and it just keeps on a snowing. My farmer has been moving a lot of snow lately. It is going to be a LONG winter if this keeps up.

On Saturday, after a long day of traveling by tractor to help my folks clear out their farm yard we celebrated dear Farmer's birthday. I made homemade pizza and used healthy ingredients!! It was yummy and no grease!!!


I used turkey pepperoni, canadian bacon, onions, greeen peppers, pineapple, olives, mozzarella and home canned pizza sauce of course! After the holidays I am ready to get back to our healthy eating plan!!

I made my Farmer's favorite cake which is yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Little Farmchick made a little cake with fondant (click fondant to read what exactly it is!) covering and a yellow fondant star. If you watch the food network then you probably have seen fondant used on the cake shows. She looked up the recipe and did everything by herself. I think it turned out pretty cute! She worked diligently on it for hours. The fondant had to be mixed and then rolled out. Jr. Farmer made Dad a nice card and of course it had to have a truck and tractor on it! No card is complete without drawing some piece of farm machinery and it has to look like something we own!! We have a red semi like this one...click here to see it being used during sunflower harvest.


Lil Farmer was content to help me make the cake..he loves dumping the ingredients into the bowl and turning the kitchen aid on and off! What more could a guy ask for right!?!?!

So happy birthday Dear Farmer....we love you!!!!

Have a wonderful evening everyone....and thanks for stopping in!

Farmchick



Pin It!

29 sweet chicks commented here:

acutescrubnurse said...

wow, your little people are so creative!! Love Taylors cake. Happy Birthday to Farmer Ronnie!!

Lisa said...

Homemade fondant? Wow I'm impressed. She deserves an A from me!!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

We had SO muchh snow here...50 inches in about a weeks time...but then had a warm day of nearly 60, and most of it is gone! Yeah! Downside...we live in West Michigan, and winter ain't over till the robins fly back from Florida! Frigid temps are on their way, with more snow by mid week.
Happy belated to your farmboy! Mine will be 59 in Feb.!

Kay said...

are we reading each other's minds?

WE had homemade pizza tonight too! (no birthdays here, though)

Revamped my ABM recipe for the KA mixer since my BM is toast. Homemade sauce, our good beef and some of my dehydrated/rehydrated veggies from this summer and ok..store cheese.

I should have taken some photos. It was so good! Garlic...mmmmmm~~

Sweet Blessings said...

Looks like you blessed your Farmer with a perfect homemade birthday meL....most of all made from your heart...filled with Love! And, who wouldn't be touched by that awesome handmade birthday card :D I teach three year olds..and two of my boys this year are "farm boys"...and they do the same thing...draw farm machinery..it always makes me smile...in fact, on our first day back today, one of them was drawing his new swather :D Life is good! Sweet blessings!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Happy Birthday Farmer! I've been waiting for snow for so long. Can you dump a couple of feet in front of my apartment? :)

Both the cakes look great. Little Farmchick did a great job. I love fondant! I think Farmer Jr did a great job on the artwork too.

Love that pizza ... think I need some too. Thanks for sharing all of this great day with us. xxoo

Carrie said...

YUM!!!! Pizza and the cakes look awesome!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Hope Farmer had a good one!!

~Carrie

Beth E. said...

That pizza looks delicious...it's got to be, since it has homemade sauce on it...yum!

We have only had a dusting of snow this winter. You could send just a LITTLE of that snow our way. :o)

Hope your hubby had a great birthday.

Blessings...

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh my gosh, that's sooooo cold! It was 65 here on Sat and then a silly cold front came thru and is around still! No snow, rain, etc. Your pizza looks AWESOME! That just may have made my menu for the week! Have a blessed week and stay warm!!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh my gosh, that's sooooo cold! It was 65 here on Sat and then a silly cold front came thru and is around still! No snow, rain, etc. Your pizza looks AWESOME! That just may have made my menu for the week! Have a blessed week and stay warm!!!

Leslie said...

Your pizza looks so yummy and the cakes are very nice! Hope your hubby had a great birthday :)

Leslie

Vickie said...

Oh that is so sweet! I love the card and little farmchick did a wonderful job on the fondant. The pizza looks mouth watering good! Take Care :)

Betty said...

What a fun birthday. Obviously, your little chicks are as talented as you...daughter's cake is too cute and I just love your son's drawings! Happy, happy to Mr. Farmer!

Linda said...

Cute blog post title! Made me giggle! Happy Birthday to your farmer!! I love seeing what they do with fondant. Your littel chick did great!!

Traci said...

Awwww, that is a great cake!!! We don't have any birthdays for another month. Of course, it is the daughter that just got married and WON'T BE HERE FOR HER BIRTHDAY....I wonder how a cake will hold up in the mail to Hawaii.

We don't get big snows here like we used to....I used to be able to build tunnels....now, we are lucky if we can build a snowman...now it is more like an ICEMAN....just ice and little snow.

The Primitive Bucket said...

Great pizza and cake. Sounds like a first class birthday dinner to me!! Better than any ole steak any day!!!
Stay warm chickie and keep them babies warm too!!

Wendi said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday celebration to me!

Wendi said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday celebration to me!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The cakes look great!

We are finally getting a little break from the cold today here in SD....snow forecasted for tomorrow night again though..grrr!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The cakes look great!

We are finally getting a little break from the cold today here in SD....snow forecasted for tomorrow night again though..grrr!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The cakes look great!

We are finally getting a little break from the cold today here in SD....snow forecasted for tomorrow night again though..grrr!

lindanuts said...

Wow! She did a great job on the cake. I've never attempted it myself. I love it!
Happy Birthday, Farm man!!!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday to the Farmer! Your children are very creative! Your Little Farmchick is way braver than I am! Fondant scares me, but they make it look so easy on Ace of Cakes. Stay warm, Tania!

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a blessed man the Farmer is to have such a loving and caring family! The fondant is just lovely. I've never even made one!

Spring is just around the corner, and the fields will be green again.

Stay warm & cozy,
Lea

flowergardengirl said...

I followed a link here from The Vintage Housewife's blog. Happy Birthday to your hubby. I am enjoying your recipes.


I found your blog while following a link from Vee's blog A Haven for Vee. She's having a game and I'm meeting some wonderful bloggers. I clicked on Katherine Holman Folkart's Blog and then to the Summer Kitchen Interior's Blog, and on to The Vintage Housewife's blog...and then to you!

Words To Live By... said...

Great blog...I love your pictures, oh, and the pizza looks pretty darn good too!

Sharon said...

Happy birthday to your farmer.
My hubby used to drive a red semi, and when the grandson would make grandpa a picture for the frig door it to had to be a red truck and trailer.
I really can't say that I miss the snow at all. It has been so cold here, and we always manage to get ice before it turns over.
God bless

Train Wreck said...

Yum that cake looks good! Happy Birthday Farmer! Love his helping skills!

Pony Girl said...

That pizza looks devine!
My cousin is a pastry chef and makes the most cakes...she uses fondant. Oh gosh, marshmallow fondant, I think??
Your blog is really great, I signed up to follow you so I'll trot on back! ;-)