Thursday, January 8, 2009

More snow is a comin'

Okay the snow situation here is getting a little cRaZy!!! I love snow when it is fresh and sparkly like this but hey let's not get carried away!!!! I took this picture when the sun was setting so the snow has taken on an pinkish glow.



We just had about a foot of snow last week and now starting tonight we are to get up to 7 MORE inches! This is the kind of winter I remember having as a kid...lots of snowforts back then!!!


This winter I have been measuring the snow by a chair that is sitting in one of my flower gardens. I usually put this chair away for the winter but I didn't get it put away in time...so when I tried to put it away it was already frozen to the ground!!

So, this is the chair this summer before the first freeze and long before the snow.




Now this picture shows the chair two weeks ago.




This is what the chair looks like this morning.....


What will it look like tomorrow????




Okay, so I added in a snowman...it is too cold and the snow doesn't have enough moisture for our kids to make a descent snowman!!! I think he looks cute standing in my yard!!!


Have a wonderful day and if you want some snow.....just let me now! You know how I love your comments....so please leave me one!!


Farmchick

Pin It!

26 sweet chicks commented here:

Marilyn said...

Oh my GOSH!
And here I thought I'd seen enough snow to last a lifetime!

I think it must have something to do with global warmimg ;)

Wendi said...

You can send some snow my way. We got about 1/2 inch yesterday. That.is.it! I am in Central Indiana and we are suppose to get at least 27 inches of snow a year. Come on snow!

Hohni said...

Oh, Oh, Oh... I can't wait for sringtime to come. I LOVE that chair with the flowers on it. I bet I can even manage to do that one!!!

Michelle said...

Oh how I would love to have me some of that snow!
Growing up, my family always made snow cream! Since I live in North Carolina, we may get a decent snow every other year! Do you make snow cream? If not, I'm including the recipe:
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cups sugar
1 tsp sugar
SNOW
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy! It's best with some Hershey's syrup drizzled over the top!
Enjoy that snow and know there's a fat girl in NC wishing she was in your yard with a big spoon!

The Primitive Bucket said...

Okay you win!!! What I'd don't know but it should be something for all the snow you have endured this year already, and remember February is one of the snowiest months.. food for thought chicky!!! lol
Hugs,
Joleen

Sharon said...

We have been really lucky here so far.But that is alright by me as I really don't like snow.
We always get ice before the snow which makes things really slick.
God bless

This Country Girl said...

Wow! That is alot of snow! I wish I COULD take some of it off your hands! We would love some!

Your snowman looks cute there!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Michelle said...

My recipe was wrong! Sorry...
It was supposed to be a teaspoon of VANILLA FLAVORING--not sugar! Sorry again!

belladella said...

I want some! Me! Me! Me! Share with me! I love the chair. That is a great way to measure.

Traci said...

OMG!!! That is all I can say....and make lots of snow ice cream!!! Build tunnels and lots of tunnels....

Julie said...

Holy Moly!! We had a lot more snow yesterday, but it has been in the high 40's and a lot has melted. The forecast for us is more tonight though. Glad I decided to like January and winter this year--LOL!! have a happy day. Julie

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Loved the snowman and you can send all the snow you want to me. Just put it right in the back where the courtyard is. That way it'll be there for a long time and I can lean out the window and look at it all night. :) We're keeping our fingers crossed here in Baltimore for some wintry weather on Saturday. I'm hoping and praying. xxoo

Betty said...

I think you need to come for a visit...upper 60's today. You know how much I love (ha) snow. Nice pictures of your chair, though. What a fun gauge!

Sarah said...

May I come live with you? Or at least visit? It was 75 in Texas today, and I have a cold. I HATE being sick in warm weather!

Pony Girl said...

The chair was a good example to see how much snow you got!
I personally love the snow! We just had a lot of it, now we're back to rain, rain, rain. I really miss the snow. People were sick of it, but I love a peaceful world blanketed in white. As long as I don't have to drive anywhere....

Beth E. said...

Yes, please send me some snow! Not ALL of it, but a few inches of it would be nice. :o) I've been shaking all of my snow globes every day. My grandmother always told me...when I was a little girl...that if I shook a snow globe, then it would snow. lol We've only had a dusting of snow here, but LOTS of rain.

You'll have to post another pic of your chair after your next snowstorm. Stay safe and warm, my friend.

Blessings...

Janine said...

We had that kind of snow and about that much over here about 2 weeks ago... right before Christmas and through New Years and we loved it! Now we are getting record breaking flooding and landslides! I would much much much rather have just kept the cold temps and snow a bit longer! Take care and keep warm!
Janine
ps, feel free to check out my blog and leave me a comment if you like!

lindanuts said...

I love the snow. It's the ice I hate! Snow can hide alot of ugly stuff--like your neighbors yards.....

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Hi neighbor! Are you ready for another blizzard? Stay warm!

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Oh I just love snow...that is until it turns all dirty looking. The largest snow fall we have had is in the pic of my header. (approx. 2 in) I so want a big snow that is as long as we can retreat into our home and not have to venture out.

Do they keep your roads clear? Our schools cancel when we have an inch of snow.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,

Kathy

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I'm thinkin' tomorrow you might be saying..."Where's the chair???"
We also are in for some more snow tonight...around 6 more inches by morning.
Can someone say "SPRING"????

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Oh, I would love to have that much snow just once here in TN. I am sure it gets old though.
Teresa

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Yeah, that snow gets old after awhile. It is pretty, but pushing it gets a little tiresome! I am sooo ready for spring here and we don't have as much snow as you do...are you getting a little spring anxious too??!!

Erica said...

Hi Farmchick,

I too live in ND and have been following your blog for a while now...just love it! We moved here this July and were told "ND doesn't get alot of snow anymore...just cold." Well, I think this is incredible!! Love your pics of the chair...I measure the snow by how high up it is on my 9yr old when she is standing in it.....so funny. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, but more snow on Sunday....boy oh boy. Stay warm:)

Erica:)

Lisa said...

Hey Tania, you keep that up your way ya hear!!

Linda said...

We are in about the same boat as you and tomorrow we are getting 8 -12. I think we are already breaking records!

Stay warm!