Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pheasant friends....


In our trees around our yard we have a lot of pheasants. They like to roost in the shelter of the trees.

The other day I counted about 50 pheasants coming out of the trees to look for food. They were not being too cooperative when it came to me photographing them!


Here are a few girls gathered around the tree just enjoying each others company.

Add Image

Here are a couple of the boys.... I think they are wondering where the girls are hanging out!!!

Having the opportunity to watch the wildlife around us is one of the MANY reasons I love living on the farm.

The other day I was driving down our county road and I came upon this...
I thought it look pretty neat. It was formed by all the wind blowing around. This was a spot that at one time had about two feet of snow but the wind started blowing and this was all that was left.

I hope you are all having a great week. We have been busy with our kids activities...they really keep us busy! I am so thankful that I am able to be at all of their functions! I can't think of anything more enjoyable than watching your own children sing, play sports, ect.....

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Farmchick

Pin It!

14 sweet chicks commented here:

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

I've never seen so many pheasants in one place. I really like the look of those trees with all the ice on them though. We still have nothing and I'm getting disheartened by the whole thing. Will snow every come to us? Oh, we've had flurries, but that's about it. Keep warm! xxoo

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

No pheasants in the city, but I've seen them where my sister lives in WV. xxoo

Connie said...

Yeah, Ele tells us in group that y'all have had a LOT of snow, honey!! That looks so cold.........
Smooches,
Connie

Pony Girl said...

Those pictures of the peasants were really cool! I heard we might get snow again this weekend...I'm only bummed because I have lots of plans and snow might put a damper on them!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Beautiful picture! I especially like the snow tower.
Sometimes I wish we got snow like that, but then I think, no I have to go out in it. So I'll settle for the 4" snow we get occasionally.

Sarah said...

I love the pictures that you take! That is quite a few pheasants! We have been seeing a lot of deer on our land. To answer your question, I have really been slacking in the healthy living area. We have all been sick, and the kids I watch have been super sick, and I just haven't had the energy to apply myself. BUT, now we are all well and it is time to get serious! I think I will make your healthy pizza this weekend! Be watching for my order, I need some candles!:) Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

I love the pictures that you take! That is quite a few pheasants! We have been seeing a lot of deer on our land. To answer your question, I have really been slacking in the healthy living area. We have all been sick, and the kids I watch have been super sick, and I just haven't had the energy to apply myself. BUT, now we are all well and it is time to get serious! I think I will make your healthy pizza this weekend! Be watching for my order, I need some candles!:) Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

we live in suburbia but with enough woods around us and the brook going through our property that we have pheasants sometimes too.And fox, and mallards and deer and more! It makes it seem like we are a bit more country than we really are!

Traci said...

I guess quite a few of us are birding these days.....

I don't think we have pheasants in this part of Oklahoma. I don't think we have snow either...ba haaaaa.

Have a great day!!!

Vickie said...

Love the pictures! We have been doing a lot of bird watching around here in the past couple of weeks. Take Care :)

Betty said...

Great pictures of the pheasant...hope they manage to find food under all that snow! Love the picture of the drifting snow...it's beautiful...from a distance of 1000+ miles, that is! Take care.

Carin said...

It's been so long since I have seen pheasants. We are moving back to our home country so they will be in our near future....as long as they're not on my front bumper =(

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I enjoy the pheasants also. There seems to be a lot around this year!

Sweet Blessings said...

I LOVE the way your captured the amazing sights you've been able to see in your little corner of the world!!! And, what a sweet gift you are giving to your family by being able to be at home, be a part of their activities, and sharing all the sweet blessings that come along!