Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Garlic SMASHED potatoes and awards!

Garlic SMASHED Potatoes

2 pounds red potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream (I used 1/2 and 1/2)
3 tablespoons butter (I use Brummel and Brown)
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste (lots!!!)
1/4 cup garlic cloves
I like to leave a little bit of the peel on the potatoes...I like how it looks and I like the taste too! Plus the skin has the most nutrients.

Usually I drizzle olive oil on a whole head of garlic and wrap in tinfoil to roast. Today I only had a few cloves so I had to do them as explained below.

Place a single layer of garlic cloves on a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Roast in 400 degree F preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until soft. Unwrap and let cool until touchable. Peel cloves and mash with potatoes when they are ready.
Creamy and yummy with a hint of garlic!!! Try them for supper sometime soon! We are having them tonight with a lettuce salad and sirloin steak smothered with carmalized onions and mushrooms!!!

I have received a couple of awards that I want to share with you. First off I received this one


from
Country Whispers!!
This one

from Kristina at Words to Live By . Thank you so much to you both!!! I just love making new blogging friends and I look forward to getting to know you both better!!!! Make sure you stop by and visit them sometime soon!

Hope you all have a great evening and thanks for stopping by!!!

Farmchick

Pin It!

29 sweet chicks commented here:

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Oh Yum! Gonna have to make these as they look spectacular. I just bought some red potatoes yesterday. Also going to have to do the onions and mushrooms together. Be still my heart! Now I'm hungry. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. xxoo

Beth E. said...

Yummy...this sounds sooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :o)

Sarah said...

All I can say is yum yum

Connie said...

That is my most favorite meal, chick! I love the chopped ground sirloin and mashed potatoes at Outback. I also mash my potatoes with the peels on. I use evaporated milk though, lots of butter and LOTS of pepper. We think alike, honey........
Smooches,
Connie

Susan said...

Congrats on you awards. Always nice to visit your blog.

Train Wreck said...

Oh thanks for the birthday wishes. I am so amazed at all you , my dear friends. I should have know to come here for a heartful of love and an arm full of love! Those potatoes look sooo guood! I love mashed potatoes! You have the best recipes!
Congratulations on your award too!

This Country Girl said...

Yummy...my kind of dish!

Congratulations on the awards!

Tammy

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

One of my favorite foods is mashed potatoes, ever since I was a little girl! Love garlic ones and also ones that we have with stuffed peppers and I always put the sauce on the mashed potatoes...yum!
Rondell

Linda said...

Yummy!! DH and I are a wee bit older than you so we need to really watch the fat intake. I now use all milk when making mine. Not quite as good but with enough roasted garlic, just about anything tastes yummy! Your pictures are making me hungry!!

Betty said...

Ooh, can I come over? Sounds like a delicious meal!

Nice awards...I'll go check out the bloggers who gave them to you...they must be nice folks!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Hey Chickie!
I've been making these for quite a while! Is there anything that smells better than garlic roasting in the oven? I think not! I also leave some of the peels on the potatoes, and I also leave them a bit lumpy. Just not crazy about super creamy mashed potatoes.

belladella said...

Looks delish! I love potatoes- any way that you make them!

Hohni said...

oh, boy oh boy!!
Those will be a hit in my house!!!!
It'll make hubby smother me with kisses. Garlic smashed tatos here we come!!!!!!!!!!

The Primitive Bucket said...

Now how doesn't like a good smashed potato??? Yummy...lots of butter please!!!

Carrie said...

Congrats on the awards!! And thanks again for sharing another yummy recipe!!

Carrie♥

lindanuts said...

yummo! we love garlic andwe love red potatoes. that's all we grow in our garden.

Back in the Day said...

You keep cooking like that and I am going to show up for dinner - provided I have a snow mobile!

The Cotton Wife said...

We call them "smashed" potatoes too! We had some the other night and my girls wanted to tint them pink for Valentine's Day... my husband nixed that though. :(

Diane said...

That is a really nice recipe, i love garlic and am going to try it next week as ive not got enough in the cupboard to do it now...hope you and yours are keeping well...x

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Wow! looking at your dinner palte made me hungry! Looks wonderful, like from a fancy restaurant!
Congrats on your awards too.

Have a great weekend!

Sweet Blessings said...

I LOVE that you share your recipes & photos of the finished product too..I so am going to have to try that one out! And, how very sweet to be the recipient of those awards...May your weekend be filled with ALL things good! Sweet blessings!

Sarah said...

These look delicious! I got my candles on Thursday... they smell so good! Thank you so much for my Valentine's Day gift! That especially smells good! I love the Raspberry Vanilla scent! It smells just like Bath and Body Works! My husband and I kept walking by and sniffing it!:) Thanks again!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I LOVE garlic potatoes! I actually love anything with garlic!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Spuds any way to me are a complete meal...Yum!!!
But that satek...Mmmmm Now that is what gets me drooling.....
I love your blog,Be back soon

Traci said...

I still don't see how you aren't FAT!!! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.....or, uh, er, snow....

Vickie said...

Congrats on the awards :)

I love garlic mashed potatoes!
Come on by I have something for you. Take Care :)

vivian said...

that steak and potatos looks delicious!! I gotta go eat some breakfast now.

hippiedog said...

Yummy taters...we're having these this week too :) xo

Art of Jana said...

It will be the winners very own spa retreat at home!Please enter me in your giveaway and if you haven't entered mine, please come on by!

http://hillaceaous.blogspot.com/2009/02/one-world-one-heart-give-away.html

(#905 - OWOH ) Jana

P.S. I'll be back soon...So many giveaways - so little time! :) and I want to make it to each before it's over! :)