Friday, January 9, 2009

The chair......

and I am not talking about the George Strait song...though I do LOVE George!! Remember in my last post I showed you "the chair" and told you more snow was coming??? Well, it came last night...all 10 inches of it!!!

This is what I saw when I got up this morning...........






Remember the chair from my last post? Here it is.



This is the chair, my official measurer of snow!! See what it looks like today.




All I can tell you is WE HAVE A LOT OF SNOW! (around 50 inches so far!) It has been years since we have received this much snow. It's fun in a way....but not so fun too! It's gonna make for some good times for the kids snowmobiling and sledding! That is, if it is warm enough. We are to have an Alberta Clipper moving in from Canada (COLD AIR). Next week it is to be -35 below zero--actual temp. not windchill...but the actual temperature!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment!!


Pin It!

41 sweet chicks commented here:

hippiedog said...

Good grief Farm Doll! That is a ton of snow :) You and my sweet gal Ele stay safe! Have a marvelous weekend! What's for dinner this weekend? xo

Sit A Spell said...

What a fun way to measure the snow!!! The most we got was about 14 inches...then a warm up and start all over again. Tomorrow we will get 5 inches and more...up to 10, I think!

I have some snow shots on my blog...come sit a spell.

Pony Girl said...

WOW! Goodness! 10 inches in one night? I can't imagine. It's like you have your own private ski resort! Do you have snowshoes?
I hope it doesn't make an awful mess when it all melts. That is what happened here, and everything is now flooding. Enjoy it's beauty while it lasts! Everything is so peaceful when blanketed in snow!

Kristina said...

Love the signature! That's alot of snow...we don't have quite that much here...YET!

vivian said...

oh brrrr! love the "farmchick" in the snow!!
you should make some stew or soup I think!! I'm going shopping! have a great day!
hugs
vivian

Katy said...

oh my goodness gracious!!!!! That is ALOT of snow! We are to have gotten/getting a lot too...although I haven't looked outside yet today! Stay warm!!!!! :)

M said...

I'm enjoying your blog but, even though the snow is beautiful, it's just way too much of it! I hope you have good road crews in your area. I live in Western NC and everything shuts down if we get snow. Hope no one in your family has to drive in it.

Linda said...

The minute I read the blog title, I knew what it was about. OMGoodness - that's a lot of snow, but we handle that muihc around here most winteres. It's the temps next week that would be getting me even more. We are a hearty bunch here in NE but not used to those. I hope you stay safe and warm!! I can see some pots of soup and some cooa in your future!

countrychicken said...

I have been following your chair progression, coming over from another blog. Yikes - we are getting the same storm in Ohio. I ran out a took a picture of my rocker on the front porch - will have to see where we end up at the end of the day. I was checking out your recipes and am going to try the chili one today - good day for chili.

Leslie said...

Wow! I know most people are complaining about the snow we are currently getting but it's nothing compared to that! LOL No matter what I'm trying to be upbeat about it all. It's winter, right? It's supposed to snow here and I think we should just enjoy it in all it's beauty....at least for a while! LOL

Have a great weekend!

Leslie

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Where the heck you from, Farmchick??? We got ourselves about 6" in the last 24 hours, but our 50" came in December when our average snowfall is usually about 12" for that month! We are also gonna be getting that arctic air come Tuesday and Wednesday, but our lows are only expected to be around -4.
Went out this AM to fill the bird feeders and nearly got my hands frostbit! Oh mama! It is cold out there!

Betty said...

All I can say is BRRRRRR! And, more BRRRRRR!

Kindra said...

Your poor chair looks cold out there. :( We got a little last night but it's been fairly "nice" here in SE Nebraska. Your snow is mighty pretty though.

Sarah said...

I am sooo jealous! It was in the 70's here in Texas yesterday. Today, it is in the 40's. No wonder I am sick! I need to move somewhere with a predicatable climate!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

This was a fantastic post! Loved the way you showed the stars in the sky! My goodness, that's a lot of snow! You are so crafty to sign your name and then present the picture the way you did. You go girl! I love your take on everything. xxoo

momstheword said...

Oh my goodness! That's alot of snow! I love snow (although I don't like to be cold) and we were measuring it by our car and watching parts of it disappear, lol!

The Primitive Bucket said...

You need a higher chair!!! lol I feel for you. I hope it all melts as fast as you got it!! Well, maybe not then you would need a boat too!!!
Stay warm and safe chickie!!

CatHerder said...

oh my gosh!!! And I was complaining because we got a dusting lol....love your blog!

Sweet Blessings said...

Oh my...you are really setting records there...I LOVE your snow measuring device...a.k.a. "the Chair" :D I'm burning my wonderful new candle, and praying the very cold temperatures by pass you! May you and your family stay inside, cuddled up & warm! Sweet blessings!

Sweet Blessings said...

P.S. I LOVE your writing in the snow!!! Thanks for the smile!!! Sweet Blessings!

lindanuts said...

WOW!!!! It must be beautiful! I am one of those people that loves snow. It hasn't snowed that much here for years. I love your chair for measuring....very clever.

English Cottage in Georgia said...

It is absolutely enchanting.
I am from South Texas and recently moved to Georgia. Snow is not in my life experience so the question - how does a person function with all that snow?
Just the pic is making me, Hot Flash Lucy, very cold!
Just when I thought I would never again wear a sweater or jacket again. LOL!

Michelle said...

All I can say is DANG! Bless your heart. I'm hoping to see some snow here, but not that much. I'm in the middle section of North Carolina and am keeping my fingers crossed for some snow--just not as much as y'all are getting! Take care as I'm sure you're about to go CRAZY. When's the last time you we able to get out of the driveway??

Sherry said...

WOW...I love snow. I am sure if I had as much as you have had I might be getting a little tired of it.

Stay warm...

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

It's crazy isn't it? I think it's kind of fun, but then, I don't have to go out and work in it! You tell your farm man that my front porch is covered...windows and doors are in, although it's not finished yet (thanks to my brothers). We are going to have to stay warm this week. It's going to get cold.
PS: I've been cooking. Aren't you proud of me!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Cute "farmchick" in the snow! Are you wearing your crown? I am!

Anonymous said...

Hello Farmchick - I do not have a blog so I come by the way of BellaDellaFarm, who is my daughter,
for a visit.

Oh, I just love snow. We live in central Virginia and it just seems that the snow has a hard time making it over the mountains. Looks
like you have enough to share with some of us snow lovers out there.

By the way, I love the picture of the chair just sitting out there in the open covered up by snow. It is definitely making a statement.

Stay warm and safe and enjoy your snow:>).

Janice

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

WOW! 20s is cold for us and we occassionally dip down into the teens and even to zero, but wow! It's major COLD where you live!

Stay warm and toasty! And have a great week in spite of the snow and cold!

P.S. I love that last pic of your name in the snow. Really cute!

Connie said...

Feeling better after passing a couple of stone and just trying to catch up with over 250 blogs, chickee!! I see ya've had a wee bit of snow, hmmmmmm???? LOL
Smooches,
Connie

Beth E. said...

OH, my...If you get much more snow that chair's gonna disappear! Stay safe, stay warm, and have some hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows! :o)

Lisa said...

Holy Cow, that's all I'm gonna say...

Hohni said...

We're also in for a blizzard tonight...uuugghhhh...and bitterly cold temps along with it. I'm so ready for Spring...

Kathie Truitt said...

Uh, so much for global warming. Love your blog.
the "Hillbilly Debutante."

Wendi said...

Love seeing all of your snow! Stay warm and hope you have a great week!

Julie said...

BRRRR!! What a cute idea--to write in all that snow!! Stay warm and safe. Julie

Twisted Fencepost said...

WOW!!! That is a LOT of snow.
I live in the southeast, but I was raised in WV with the snow. The kids here would have SOOO much fun playing in that. But it would shut down the whole state!!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh My Gosh! That is some serious snow. WOW! I just can't believe it. We're getting very cold here again, ok, cold for us, not for you! The wind is blowing about 40mph and the temp is dropping fast--already at 34, was 50 around 530 pm. Supposed to get to teens and I don't EVEn want to know what the wind chill will be tomorrow a.m.! Stay warm and take care!!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

oh golly...i love it thank you for sharing that beautiful site...ahhhh the crisp white snow...how lovely...i love the chair i thought it was soooo cute...going to check out your website...blessings farm chick...cat

Kim said...

Oh FarmChick,
That just makes me cold. We got up this morning here in NE OK with 13 degrees, and I thought that was bad. We haven't had any snow yet this season, if you would like ship it our way. :)
Stay warm and have a blessed day,
Kim in OK

Egghead said...

I just happened upon your blog and I am amazed at the amount of snow you have. Wow! I love that you make soy candles and will check out your shop. I have lots of catching up to do. Happy New Year.

Michelle said...

Hope you're making out ok in the snow! Just wanted you to know that you've been tagged on my blog! Come play, it's fun!