Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Spritz Cookies, Visitors, Followers and Frigid Temps!!

Good morning everyone!!

We made SPRITZ COOKIES the other day. I always think they are so much fun to make.




It took me awhile a few years back to finally find a Spritz recipe that I thought tasted really good. I will now share that recipe with you.


FARMCHICK'S SPRITZ COOKIES


1 cup butter


3/4 cups sugar


1 egg


1 teaspoon real vanilla extract


1 teaspoon almond extract


1/2 teaspoon baking powder


3 cups flour


Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Add remaining ingredients. Place in cookie press and form desired shapes. Bake at 375 degrees until desired color is achieved!!!



The main reason why I blog is because I have had SO much FUN meeting new people and making new friends. I would love for you who come to my blog to always leave me a comment so that I can return the visit. There are so many wonderful people out there and I want to get to know them! I love visiting your blogs...but you have to let me know where to find you. My husband says that I am addicted to reading blogs....and he is RIGHT!

So, now you are wondering.....Why on earth is she telling me this. Well here is the reason why:


Some of you may have noticed that at the bottom of my blog I have several counters....I have the live feedjit, a daily counter and a counter that has my total visitors since August 2008. A lot of days my daily counter is surprisingly high..I am astonished sometimes of just how many people are on my blog in a day. I copied my counter the other night to show you how many people had been on that day. Here is is:




So 435 people had stopped in to visit that day but at the time that I took the picture only 30 people had left comments!! I would love to see more people leaving me comments so that I can get back to your blog and leave a comment. It just makes it so much more fun to read every one's comments...I look forward to it daily.

I also invite you to follow my blog. All you have to do is go to my right sidebar and click FOLLOW THIS BLOG. Pretty please!! Thanks to those who already follow me--you're the best!

So, I thank you for stopping in and visiting our farm. It is very cold here. We just had a blizzard on Saturday and Sunday and now we are having to endure the frigid temps. Yesterday morning I took a picture of my computer screen...this is what it said:


>

Now in case you can't read it because it is rather blurry...it says -22 yes that is the actual temp and in smaller writing it says FEEL LIKE - 48!!! YUP--that's right the windchill is FORTY EIGHT BELOW ZERO!!! BBRRRRrrrrrrr.....that is miserably cold...and that makes it NO FUN to be outside in the lovely snow!!! IT is supposed to warm up to zero which seems like we are living in the banana belt after these temps!!!>


I hope you all have a happy and warm day!!! Make some Spritz cookies and enjoy them with your family as you cuddle around the fire. Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment and sign up to follow my blog if you have not already done so! See you soon!

div>


Farmchick

Pin It!

30 sweet chicks commented here:

Traci said...

I try to comment most of the time....sometimes I just am running through reading really quick before I have to get off the computer....that is why I have you on my sidebar....I know when you update....so easy.

Cookies look awesome!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

We made spritz cookies the other day too!

We are -20 here today...miserable!

Indiana Angel said...

Oh gosh, spritz cookies!! I haven't made those - or even thought about them - in years! I'll have to copy your recipe. I'm not sure what my mom used but they were always pretty rank LOL (not spilling any horrible family secrets, my mom is a great cook, she never liked the cookies either LOL)

Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to catching up and keeping up!!

Coloradolady said...

I will try and do better with the comment part.....can't wait to try the cookies. Have a great "chilly" day. It is freezing here too, 26 degrees, and that is cold for texas.

Laurie from Amish Country said...

My husbands birthday is the beginning of December and his sister always sends him a box of spritz cookies in the mail. Without fail, every year. I did not get a chance to make them myself this year and I am going to compare my recipe to yours and then try yours next time I make them.
We are getting snow here in Lancaster county, Pennsylvania with temps in the mid 30's. I can't imagine having a temp of negative anything! WOW...stay warm! Bake more cookies - keep those oven fires burning.

Betty said...

I'm going to try your Spritz cookie recipe...I have cookie cutters in the shapes of dogs...poodle, scottie, westie, etc. Won't that be fun? Thanks for the not-too-many-ingredients-for-me-to-follow recipe!

Kristie said...

Wow...that is cold. It has been in the 70s around here....my husband even wore shorts to work.

lindanuts said...

love spritz cookies--yummy!
It is interesting how many lurkers there are out there. I finally got rid of my counter and just put on the map that shows where the visitors are from.After all, I blog to keep up with family and friends. I love making new friends but if there are those that choose to remain unknown, that is their business. They will be missing out on my visit and comments!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

I am already a follower and a big fan of yours! You've shared so many great recipes. Still waiting for your salsa recipe too. :)

Send some snow our way, we'd appreciate it a lot as we were in the 60's yesterday and the 40's today. xxoo

Julie said...

I have never made spritz cookies--we'll have to give them a try. BRRRR--that's cold--I hope all your animals are okay. take care and have a great day. Julie

GraceBeading said...

Uh oh... busted! I subscribe to your blog via bloglines, so most days my visit isn't even counted. But I do pop in on occasion to see your blog decor.

I have followed you for almost a year now - since One World One Heart last year. I have commented only a handful of times, I'm trying to better, really... I am!

Susan said...

I tried to make spritz cookies the other day and got tired of the dough sticking to my cookie maker. I finally gave up and made sugar cookies with the dough. I think I need a new cookie maker or a new brain. q:o)
Your cookies look yummy.
We were cold here yesterday. (-9) Today not so bad, I was able to do some Christmas shopping.
Stay warm and keep baking.
Susan

Linda said...

YIKES - that is cold!! Good day to stay in and make hot cocoa to have with your Spritz!!

Beth E. said...

Oh, my...-22 degrees!!!!!!! Girl, you better stay inside!

The spritz cookies bring back memories....baaaaaaad memories!!! Aaaack. Thanks alot, Farmgirl. haha

I had a spritz cookie press that my husband's mother gave me. It was a family heirloom...I never used it, so I put it in a yard sale. Eeeek. I know, I know! I was young and ignorant...what can I say?! Oh, what I wouldn't give to have that cookie press back! Now I'm gonna have bad dreams. ;o)lol

Hey, stay warm. Have fun and eat some cookies for me!

Sarah said...

Well, you know who I am, and I always leave a comment! Your Spritz cookies look delicious! By the way, I can't wait to get my tarts in the mail. I have refered a few of my church friends to your website! I hope they order some candles! I spent a long time at our Sunday School Christmas party explaining the benefits of soy candles!:)

Vickie said...

After watching Biggest Loser and getting a second wind I decided to come see what everyone is up to. And oh oh oh those cookies look soooo good right now. You know what I must have smell-o-monitor because I swear I can smell them. lol Thanks for sharing the recipe and the mouth watering picture. Take Care :)

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh my gosh that's cold...I thought the wind chill of -5 here was bad!
Love Spritz cookies...haven't had them in years, one of my Grandma's made them and I LOVED them! They were delish and always so pretty. My grandma was such a wonderful cook. Thanks for sharing, it brought a wonderful memory to mind for me!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I know how you feel about comments I love them too...I'm sure I follow your blog but will check just to make sure:)

I wouldn't know what to do with the-22* temps, I think we have only been down to -10* and that's cold enough for me!

My DH would love it if I could bake like you of course he would weigh alot more if could:)
Have a wonderful day:)
Rondell♥

Back in the Day said...

OMG - minus 20 degrees! I would stay on a heating vent all the time! It was almost 60 degrees here yesterday! What a difference!

Train Wreck said...

Brrr! I would be cooking too! Yum I love spritz cookies! I bought the little "Cookie Gun" last year, but alas have not found a good recipe. Thanks for sharing yours! I will have to make a batch today. I have the same situation, lots o' visitors, they must just be shy! he he I am an addict too. We should form a blogger anymous....

EmmyRedneck said...

Those cookies look great!
They look like those gourmet cookies that come in tins from big businesses! Lol!
I gotta make these!! These will be my weekend project I think!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I agree with you, I wish more people would leave comments too. Its so much more fun that way!
Em

EmmyRedneck said...

These cookies look great!
They remind me of those gourmet cookies that come in those fancy tins from big businesses and stuff! Yum! They will have to be my weekend project I think!
I agree with you, I wish more people left comments too!
They are so fun to read and its great to hear from people who read your blog and it allows you to get back to their blog and see what they are all about!
Keep up the great work!
Emily

Susan said...

Making spritz cookies this weekend!

Stay warm!

susan

Carin said...

Ooo, I haven't made spritz cookies in so long, I will have to do that again. The cold is bad but this wind is even worse today. Temps above zero sound great after what we had but factor in the wind and it's no party. STAY WARM

Anonymous said...

Hi Farmchick -
I found your blog from another blog somewhere and love to check in. I relate to the farming, the cooking and baking. Not blogging myself yet but addicted to reading others. Merry Christmas from Colorado!

Kay said...

Are you reading my mind through my blog? lol I'm planning to make spritz cookies this year instead of the awful Candy Cane Cookies. I didn't have a TnT recipe but now I do. :oD

The weather people are saying we are in for freezing rain tomorrow afternoon & snow overnight. Yuck

Hope it warms up for you soon.
K~

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Hope you're staying warm! I don't think farm hubby enjoyed the little elfen dance as I didn't see him smile once. Maybe he needs to practice a little more! The little farm kidlets are adorable. I'm behind too! No more DEc. craft shows!

The Primitive Bucket said...

Yummy those look good, I try to get here and see what you are up to!! I finally got my blog updated...
Burr it is cold there, it has been bitterly cold here in Colorado too and suppose to get bad this weekend.. Stay warm chickie

the purple plum said...

I know this is a silly question but...How did you make the cookie wreaths?I made Spritz cookies yesterday also.Is that the star pattern and then you shape it into a wreath?

HippieDog said...

I was so excited to make these cookies this year....had my vintage cookie press all set...and then the flu hit. Maybe I'll make them anyway......they are so cute and thanks for the recipe...they are hard to find :) Happy New Year!!!!