Monday, December 22, 2008

It's almost Christmas!


I love this picture. This is what I see when I walk into our living room. Something about seeing the reflection of our tree in the mirror above the mantel just makes me smile. I totally love it. It makes me feel calm and happy. Sometimes I just stand and look at it....for minutes at a time until my kids will say "what ARE you doing Mom?" This is a start of a very busy week finishing up with last minute baking, shopping and parties. I know I need to stop and remember the reason for the season.

Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show. The secret lies in an inner glow. It's lighting a fire inside the heart. Good will and joy a vital part. It's higher thought and a greater plan. It's glorious dream in the soul of man.~~~Wilfred A. Peterson

Have a blessed week....I will be back before Christmas Eve......please leave me a comment...I love to read what you have to say!
Farmchick

Pin It!

32 sweet chicks commented here:

Train Wreck said...

Oh that is a pretty sight. Yes it will a busy few more days here too. Have a great and ssfe holiday bustle!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

So beautiful. That is one gorgeous huge tree. Love your high ceilings. I'm almost finished decorating. It's 10:26 and J's plane arrives at 11:00! Pretty close! Stay warm!

Coloradolady said...

You are so right, that is a beautiful scene. I hate to think Christmas is so close to being over. Your tree is beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Wendi said...

Beautiful picture. I think I would have to stop and take in the view also!

Lori said...

Oh....what a beautiful photo! I love taking picutre's too!! Thanks for stopping in and saying HI!!

Have a Great Christmas!!!

Lori

Traci said...

Well, I'm running amok trying finish the last details before the holiday and the wedding.....say a prayer that I keep my sanity!!! I got up last night at 2:00 and decided I was going to start making the 4 batches of punch....then I realized poor fiance is on the couch asleep....so, went back to bed...sigh...

Rambling Girl said...

Oh yes that is very pretty! I also love lights at Christmastime...just so pleasing to the eye and heart.

Connie said...

That really is a pretty reflection, sweetpea. You'll want to read my Christmas post on the 24th. Just reminding you and letting you know. I think you'll enjoy it. I love the "elves" dancing around. You are such a cutie, chick!!
Smooches and Merry Christmas,
Connie

Betty said...

Just lovely! Have a very Merry!!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

What a beautiful reflection...I don't blame you for just standing and looking at it!
Rondell
Merry Christmas♥

Maria said...

What a beautiful pic!! It is refreshing during this time to see something beautiful like that. I have enjoyed you sharing your Christmas cookies, etc. Merry Christmas, and May God Bless You and Yours!

Maria said...

What a beautiful sight! It is always such a refreshing view during this time of hussle and bussle. I have enjoyed your browsing your site. Such a treat that you share your cookies and recipes. Merry Christmas, and May the Lord Bless You and Yours.

vivian said...

Merry Christmas!
and what a great quote. I think I will copy it and take it to work. theres a few stressed out people there that might benefit from it!
hugs
vivian

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

What a beautiful tree! I love the view from the mirror. I don't blame you for just wanting to stand there looking at it. I would. Thanks for sharing it with us. xxoo

Sarah said...

How beautiful, Tania! I hope your family has a very merry Christmas!

Linda said...

Well said Tania! Well said!

Have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by those you love!! hugs, Linda

lindanuts said...

Hey, everybody deserves a little break now and again. It is a beautiful sight.
Have a blessed holiday and stay warm......

Beth E. said...

Beautiful! I'd stare at that reflection, too!

I'm still wrapping, cooking, baking, shopping...lol. I've cut way back on a lot...no candy making this year... and yet I'm even more behind! Bill's surgery set me back quite a bit, I guess. Our BEST gift will be to have him completely healed!

We'll get through Christmas and then keep on celebrating with my birthday...the fun just keeps on going! lol

Blessings to you...Merry Christmas!

The Primitive Bucket said...

What a pretty picture.. I see why you have to stop and stare!!!
I posted your pretty poem in my Ebay group. Thanks for the great words...
Have a great Christmas and thanks for always stoppin by!!!

Blessings,
Joleen

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Have a Blessed Christmas!

Amber said...

I LOVE the video greeting! So totally adorable!

belladella said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

merry christmas farm chick your home looks adorable...and those sweet lil' cattle...dusted with snow sweet! MERRRY CHRISTMAS! thank you for leaving a comment every time you stop by...i know i have the same buggys...hundreds of cute kittens swingin by and 8 comments...gotta think of a keen way to get the chickys to leave more comments...happy trails...cat

The Vintage Housewife... said...

merry christmas farm chick your home looks adorable...and those sweet lil' cattle...dusted with snow sweet! MERRRY CHRISTMAS! thank you for leaving a comment every time you stop by...i know i have the same buggys...hundreds of cute kittens swingin by and 8 comments...gotta think of a keen way to get the chickys to leave more comments...happy trails...cat

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Very beautiful picture!

This is such a crazy busy week....I have lots of last minute details to get done too!

RanchGirl said...

Thanks for stopping by! I have enjoyed your blog as well!
And I love your picture! Too cool! :)

Lisa said...

That is a beautiful view as you walk into the room. Your home looks beautiful. Have a wonderful holiday Tania. Be safe if you travel. Weather here in north Missouri is absolutely horrible. Ice, snow, rain, more, more, more...

Kim said...

Beautiful reflection. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kindra said...

Merry Christmas, Tania! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season with your family and friends!

Susan said...

Merry Christmas!

Irish3 said...

Beautiful picture of your tree, I love sitting in my family room with the tree and the nutcracker collection it just feels like Christmas, that's what your family room reminds me of. Thanks for the great recipes!
Deirdre

HippieDog said...

The mirror and decor is just gorgeous! I will be sad to take everything down mid January.....but really glad to begin a new year :) Thanks also for the yummy chocolate carmel recipe.....looks wonderful :) Enjoy your weekend!! xo