Friday, December 19, 2008

Have a wonderful weekend....and my Chocolate Caramels!!

Well once again we are in for more frigid weather--an artic blast is headed our way! We have had several inches of snow today so far and more is expected to hit us. We are surely going to have a white Christmas! (just wish it was a bit warmer!!)



Today I made a batch of Chocolate Carmels. YUMMY!!! I enjoy making them but I do NOT enjoy wrapping each of them! I usually use wax paper but this year I decided to try Press -n- Seal. They wrapped up easily - now for the test - to see how easily they UNWRAP!!! If you would like the recipe keep reading!!


Farmchick's Chocolate Caramels

2 cups white sugar

1 1/2 cups white Karo syrup

1 cup butter

1 cup cream

Mix ingredients. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Then slowly add

1 cup cream

3 squares unsweetened baking chocolate

Boil until mixture reaches 260 degrees - hard boil stage.

When it reaches 260 degrees add

one teaspoon vanilla

one cup nuts (optional)

Pour into medium sized, buttered pan.

Cool, cut and wrap!!!

Good luck on keeping everyone

out of your caramels before they

are all wrapped!! Have a wonderful

weekend everyone.

Leave a comment...they make this farm girl smile! :)

Farmchick


Pin It!

19 sweet chicks commented here:

Train Wreck said...

YUM!! I have made Chocolate and regular carmels before. You are right the wrapping is a pain! THey are sooo good though! I made your spritz cookies! they were very good. Thanks I will have to try your chocolate carmels too!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

This sounds like something the great nieces and nephews would like very much. Please send some of your weather to Baltimore, we sure could use and white Christmas this year! xxoo

Betty said...

The caramels look delicious. If a white Christmas is what you want, then I'm glad you are getting snow. I'm sure your little chicks will enjoy it!

vivian said...

hi doll! chocolate caramels! omgoodness! I wish I had more time to make everything I want to make!! though probably a good thing i dont, as I like to eat everything I make! after the new year, I really seriously have to take off some pounds!!
you asked what my definition of cold is?? today it would be in the 20s with windchills in the single digits.. I know.. its probably way colder there.. I dont think I could take it though!
I dont think your post is showing as updated on my bloglist.. I have to go check that out!
have a joyful weekend!!
hugs
vivian

Marilyn said...

Good Lord why do you tempt me like this!
You know I have to make these now and trust me, my thighs do NOT need them.
Oh well, it's not like I have a choice...I've seen them, now I have to make them!

Joleen and Troy T. said...

Hey Farmchick- My friend Troy and I were just checking out your website, and he wants you to tell the farmer that he didn't know he was such a good dancer, and in tights, no less! We were cracking up! This might be some good gossip for the 4H barn this summer!

GraceBeading said...

Those look and sound absolutely heavenly!

Lisa said...

This sounds pretty easy to do. I may have to try these. Thanks for the recipe and pictures.

Sarah said...

Yum-O! These look really good! I have never had chocolate carmels before.

Sarah said...

Yum-O! These look really good! I have never had chocolate carmels before.

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

YUMMY! I love thsoe, but have never made them myself. So thanks for shairng the recipe! Please let us know how well the press n seal peeled off!
Have a glorious Christmas!

Kindra said...

Those look soooo goooood! No calories, right? :) Have a great weekend. Stay warm!

fullfreezer said...

These look great. I have made regular caramels but not chocolate, and even then not for a few years. I stopped when my daughter got braces but she got them off in July. I forgot about those.

Beth E. said...

Yummmmm...they look amazing!

Traci said...

YYYYYUUUUMMMYYY!!!! I think we are just going to have a FREEZING Christmas.....GAG!!! All we seem to be getting is the air and the ice. I hope you have a MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!!

Wendi said...

Those sound wonderful and the wrapping them in press n seal is a great idea!

I have been stopping by now and then for a while. I would then lose your link and stumble upon you again. I finally decided to take the time and add you to my blogroll!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sandy said...

o yummy, someone just brought us a box of these! love caramels.
mrery christmas!

Electronic Goose said...

Stay warm!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I can never get carmels to turn out! Yours look absolutely delicious!