Monday, December 1, 2008

Frosty Day......

It's a very frosty day today.....when I went out this morning it was only 20 degrees. Now, really that is not cold according to our standards here but we have to kind of EASE into it!! Soon 20 degrees will feel like we are in the banana belt compared to the frigid temps that will soon be hitting us!



This is what I saw when I went out to feed the cows this morning.


See their frosty coats? They don't seem to mind though...they were just waiting patiently for me to FEED them their breakfast!!


As you can see I changed to a Christmas template. Please be patient with me as I move things around. I am having a few problems for some reason. My last post movie is not working anymore so I may move it to my side bar. Also, my followers are not showing up. Anyone else having this problem?
Another busy week---Lil' Farmchick has a choir concert-she is in a group that you have to try out for and Jr. Farmer has his school Christmas program. This weekend we have our Christmas openhouse for the last time this year.
Thanks for stopping by and please remember to leave me a comment!!!
Farmchick

Pin It!

36 sweet chicks commented here:

Julie said...

BRR!~! Those poor cows. I remember helping my dad feed cows in the winter. I steared the truck in circles--he put it in neutral, while he pitched the hay. Brings back great memories. It is 57 degrees today--abnormal, but nice. Julie

Marilyn said...

I love the new template!
Would you call that "frozen beef"?
Just kidding, I know they're warm on the inside : )

Connie said...

Actually, they look kinda contented, honey pie! If they're angus, send them down this way. It's the only kind I buy anymore. Just love it. Brrrr....cold up there. We're not into our normal digits here in Idaho yet. Way too warm for this time of year.
Smooches,
Connie

Coloradolady said...

Poor cows. good thing they have on a jacket! They make me cold just looking at them.

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

The new template is really cute and I can see your followers just fine. Can you send some of that frost our way on the East Coast? All we are seeing is rain, some sleet yesterday, but it's too warm for December right now. xxoo

Betty said...

Oh, my, your other comments seem to come from folks who actually ENJOY cold weather...not I! Our high temp today was near 80 and it was great by me!

Cool cows, though; and, I like your new template.

Beth E. said...

I also say BRRRRRR! Makes me cold just to look at those pics! Sounds like your home is gonna be really busy over the next few weeks. I remember those days of Christmas programs, chorus concerts, etc. Ours will be a relatively tame season this year. No events, other than the Youth Christmas Program at church.

Blessings...stay warm! :o)

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Hey Tania! The 20s is cold for us! But we sometimes make it down to zero and rarely below that. But I can recal it being a couple of degrees below zero when I was a child. I love winter, but I don't think I could stand one like y'all have up there! Our's are very mild in comparison!
I hope you have a great week and get everything accomplished that you need to. :)

Nancy M. said...

Oh, I love cows! They do look kinda chilly in the snow, but beautiful!

Traci said...

It amazes me how they can stand out in the cold and not shiver once.

My blog lines did that and it eventually came on....I didn't do a thing except go and act like I was going to change something and then save it....see if that works.

Kay said...

Alright Farm Chick! I'll think of you tomorrow morning when I'm out feeding our calves.
Do you have one that always wants to get in the way while you are trying to walk to the feed bunk? We have one that wants some personal attention.
Goofy calves. lol

Rose said...

Goodness, we would hardly know what to do with that white stuff here in Central Texas! We do get a good snow once and a great while, but it always melts off real fast. Love those good looking cows.

Brazle's said...

Hi, I popped over from Ranch Wife's blog....Love yours! Enjoyed reading about your family, etc. Will stop by again!
Les

ohiofarmgirl said...

The cows do look cold but I know they are used to it...wish I was...cold and snowy here too...sees like autumn didn't last ver long this year. Dianntha

ohiofarmgirl said...

The cows do look cold but I know they are used to it...wish I was...cold and snowy here too...sees like autumn didn't last ver long this year. Dianntha

Back in the Day said...

Look at their coats! I never imagined that much frost on them! I could never be that used to the cold!

Ranch wife said...

Hello, thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. Love your blog!

~M~

lindanuts said...

Makes me shiver just to look at them......

Broken Y said...

Brrrr! I've been shivering with 46 degrees! Enjoy your blog - first saw it off of TrainWreck. Love the Christmas background!

Blessing~
P.

Broken Y said...

Brrrr! I've been shivering with 46 degrees! Enjoy your blog - first saw it off of TrainWreck. Love the Christmas background!

Blessing~
P.

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Poor cows! I am just learning to be a farmgirl and still want to bring all the animals inside when its cold! LOL

Your blog looks so lovely and the music is perfect!

Smiles,
Lea

Shannon said...

Oooh I feel the chills too...LOL They are a lovely herd :) I saw one comment on one always getting in the way... yes I have one like that too! She always wants first nibbles...lol Your new template looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Many Blesings and stay warm :0)

simple~needs said...

i miss feeding cows! its been years. my very first pet was a holstien named rachel. :)
i love your new holiday template!! i am afraid to change anything but the colors and header. lol

Beth E. said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll...I'm honored! :o)

Countrygirl said...

Howdy! Thanks for coming by my blog - welcome! Thanks for the warm comments too. We just trust in the good Lord and His promises - we will see our son again! I look forward to blogging more with ya'.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love their thick coats this time of the year!

Marci said...

I don't know what state you are in, but we have had temps down in the 20's and below that already this year. However, I have never seen frost on our cows like that before.

HippieDog said...

Cute little frosty fella....I love cows....and pigs....geez, why can't I live on a farm!

Stay warm :) xo

English Cottage in Georgia said...

Happy 50th birthday!!! Your blog is very enjoyable. The afghan is gorgeous!

Susan said...

Love the template. Good luck with your last open house.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

You've been busy! Are you ready to rumble? Might be a little slow this weekend with these cold temps. I'm buying extra cider, for us!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Just read the "frozen beef" comment, too funny!

Linda said...

Brrrrrr 20 degrees is cold for us this time of year too. Your blog looks great today - I hope you got it all figured out!!

Sharon said...

I want to thank you for stopping by I really enjoyed your comments
Yes please add me to you list.
I feel so sorry for those animals standing with frost on them.
Cold here today it is 18 right now it started at 9.

Carin said...

Great new blog look. I need to give mine an update. It was cold here at MINUS 2.. Brrrrrrrr.

cityfarmer said...

gotta love these farm girls....born and raised a Hoosier

livin in the city but somehow a farmer

stop on over