Thursday, November 20, 2008

Still Here.....making soy candles and such for the Christmas openhouse

Hello to you all....I thought I better do a quick post or you might stop visiting me!! I am still busy working on stuff for our Christmas Open House. I just have a few last minute things to get done. I say it's a few last minute touches but I am sure that it will take me hours!! I do all my crafting things in between being a Mom and Farm wife....and I am POOPED! My kids and hubby are most important so I don't like to take too much time away from them! We are still harvesting sunflowers so I think you get the picture that things have been busy! I will leave you with a few pictures of what I have been up.



My chapsticks are all poured and labeled but still need to be packaged in a

little bag with pretty ribbon!


My candles are all poured, labled and priced! They are ready to GO!




Fixins are ready to go...I will package a few but leave most

in big tubs to be scooped out and packaged as the

customer wants them.


For now I must run and get everything ready to go!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone...I will be able to stop by and visit after this weekend!

Until next time...................

Farmchick

Pin It!

23 sweet chicks commented here:

Betty said...

I'm glad you had time to post quickly and let us know what's up with you. What a great idea for 'fixins'...wish I could be there. Have a great sale; we'll be looking forward to hearing about it.

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

I hope it's a sell-out event and you have lots of fun. Glad to know you're doing well. We'll be here when you get back so don't worry. xxoo

Susan said...

Those fixins look great! Would love to come and scoop some.

Good luck! ~susan

Kindra said...

Your items look so great! I know how it is being a mom and trying to get your items done for the upcoming event. I hope you do so well and can't wait to hear all about it!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Wow, you sure have been busy! Love the fixens and I think it's a great idea to have the customer's scoop them out to get the exact amount they want:)
Have a great day!
Rondell

Sharon said...

It was nice to hear from you even if just a short one. This time of the year does seem like it is so busy.
I really did enjoy the photo you took of the moose.
Have a safe and blessed weekend.

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Wow! I love your goodies! I know you will do great at your show!
Can't wait to hear how it goes! :)

Back in the Day said...

I didn't know you did fixins too! I am going to have to order some soon! By the way, I LOVE the chapstick you sent me! I am going to get some for stockings!

ohiofarmgirl said...

Sounds like there is never a dull moment there...I know the feeling. Have fun. Dianntha

Julie said...

I hope all goes well for you. Everything looks so wonderful. Have a great weekend. Julie

Beth E. said...

Sure wish I lived close enough to visit. I know your open house will be a great success.

Please check out my post regarding a prayer request for a precious little boy, and pass along the request to your friends.

Thanks...blessings to you!

Traci said...

Wow! You have been busy!! I'm not going to tell what GIRLY product I thought that chapstick was.....just a glimpse and I had to READ what it was...tee heee.

Good luck at your show!!!

The Primitive Bucket said...

You have been a busy lady on top of taking care of the family.. I know the feeling.. I hope you have a great show and come home with an empty car and full wallet!!!!

Train Wreck said...

WOw you are busy! I know just how you feel my worn out friend! Won't you be so relieved when it is all over? I know I will!

lindanuts said...

May you be justly rewarded for all your hard work. I love the look of the fixin's!

Kyfarmlife said...

Hi thanks for stopping by my blog tonight! I have really enjoyed reading yours as well! Is farm life fun or what????!!!! I know I wouldnt trade it for the world! I love your photography!
How ever did you get the different font!

This Country Girl said...

Hi TAnia,

I just stopped by to say hi! I know what you mean about being busy...and life with our families is most important!

I love your candles and all...and especially love the fixins!

Tammy

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Farmchick,

Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog! That way I found my way to yours.

You sound like a VERY busy farmwife! Lots going on....good for you!

I'm guessing you're in the Great Plains somewhere since you have wheat. I love that photo on your sidebar of the combines....I love dust in photos of farm machines!

Your candles look lovely. There's a soy candle company in New Hampton, Iowa, not too far from where I live.

Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours!

Odd Chick said...

Hey Farmchick- this is odd chick- thanks for visiting my blog! We have a lot in common. I love that you make soy chapstiks. I make alfalfa stiks and chik sticks! I also make candles and other homemade products. I love sunflowers- and your pictures were a delight to the eyes. I hope you'll visit again!!

HippieDog said...

Hello my little Farm Doll! I'm getting mighty hungry for some of your recipes :) Please come back soon! You know I usually only make desserts and I need some REAL food :) xo So glad your boutique turned out lovely---I really need some of that chapstick....it's cold as the dickens here tonight :) Have a Happy Beautifully Blessed Thanksgiving!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Soy chapstick....awesome, I had never heard of that before! You go girl, keep promoting those soybeans!

tommiejo said...

Hey there, just discovered your blog. I'm lovin' the Thanksgiving/Christmas atmosphere too. Sounds like you've been busy!
BTW, I'd like to invite you & your readers to enter my giveaway for a little pocket purse-it would make a perfect stocking stuffer!
Thanks for sharing!

Mrs Parks said...

Mmmmm.... I want some of everything!