Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's almost Thanksgiving!! WHAT??

Is it just me or did November fly by wayyyy too swiftly? I am having guests for Thanksgiving Dinner and I am way behind on my preparations. The Christmas openhouse went great and we had a wonderful time. I am looking forward to our next openhouse which is Dec 5 and 6. It is fun to sell a lot of things but more fun to just be with friends.

I had intended to post several recipes throughout November that could be used for your Thanksgiving meal but as I said time just got away from me. I am going to post one recipe tonight though and hope to post several good ones throughout December that can be used for your special Christmas Dinners.



Frozen Cranberry Salad is a favorite in our family and my kids would be VERY UPSET if I did not make it for our Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners. I only make it twice a year because it has whipping cream in it!! It is very delicious I think you will love it.


8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Mix together cream cheese, butter, sugar, cranberry sauce, pineapple and nuts. Set aside.




Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
Fold into cranberry mixture.
Now you can put it in a loaf pan, freeze and then slice it. I like to put my
salad in a pretty bowl, freeze and let my guests scoop out as much as they want. That's it....simple yet delicious.

Frozen Cranberry Salad...
WILL be on Farmchick's Thanksgiving table on Thursday!!!



Farmchick

Pin It!

22 sweet chicks commented here:

acutescrubnurse said...

Looks good Farmchick!! I will have to try that for Christmas. I am trying to straighten up before tomorrow, when I make my residence at the hospital until Friday afternoon.
Hope you all have a festive Thanksgiving!!
Rita

acutescrubnurse said...

Looks good Farmchick!! I will have to try that for Christmas. I am trying to straighten up before tomorrow, when I make my residence at the hospital until Friday afternoon.
Hope you all have a festive Thanksgiving!!
Rita

vivian said...

I've been waiting to see what you would be cooking up for thanksgiving! this does look good.. I'm going to be making rosa marina salad.. maybe i'll post the recipe if I have time! wishing you a blessed thanksgiving!!
hugs
vivian

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Yum! I'm always looking for new ways to turn cranberries into something special. I think I just found it! Thanks for sharing. xxoo

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

Kay said...

I have this recipe and love it too! Wasn't planning on making it but now I think I need to. :o)

Country Girl said...

That sounds really good and easy to make. Happy Thanksgiving!

Beth E. said...

Mmmm...sounds yummy! Unfortunately, I'd have to leave out the nuts, due to our youngest son's allergy to tree nuts. It would still work, though, don'tcha think?

Please keep my hubby in your prayers. He has been diagnosed with a herniated disc. He will have an MRI tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. and will be referred to a neurologist/neurosurgeon. He's in quite a bit of pain, which stinks anytime, but especially during the holidays.

Thanks for praying.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

It's pink! Why have you been keeping it from me so long? I cooked two meals today! Poor Jon's tummy is full!

AnnaSam said...

Happy Thanksgiving farmchick!
Juanita

Betty said...

I love cranberries...and I'm going to try my hand at your recipe...one more thing for which to be thankful on Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day.

Susan said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

susan

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Looks delicious! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and have a little time to sit back and relax!

Linda said...

Many blessings to you and yours this Thanksgiving!

Julie said...

YUM!! Hope your Thanksgiving is blessed. Julie

YD said...

I agree, November flew by very quickly. Thanks for the recipe, it looks very yummy!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Oh my! What a wonderful recipe! It's too late for me to make this for Thanksgiving, but you can bet I'm going to make it for Christmas! YUMMY! I love cranberries!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sharon said...

Happy Thanksgiving
I am going to try that recipe for Christmas for sure.
My family really likes cranberries.
God bless

Traci said...

We call this pink fluff.....

I still don't see how you aren't FAT....I want your metabolism....PUHLEASE...pretty PUHLEASE!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

HippieDog said...

Oh very yummy! How did I miss this post.....thanks for sharing....another one to add to my recipe book :) Hope you're having a lovely week xo

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

That sounds so good. Hope you and your dear family had a lovely Thanksgiving. I can hardly believe we're on our way to Christmas.

I'll be having a giveaway sometime in the next week so be sure to stop by.

Smiles,
Lea

Brooke said...

Hi There!

I remembered reading this post awhile ago! And I was thinking of something new I could add to our Christmas family dinner and remembered this! So my husband is off to the store to get everything!

Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas!