Thursday, November 6, 2008

Come visit!!!

Okay, so I have been gone for a LONG time


and I am really starting to miss you all!



So, come on over and visit me.


That's it....don't let a little snow stop you!



Oops!! I guess we have not had


the time to shovel our steps yet!


I thought we could sit around


and sip some yummy hot cocoa!



Not here though, right???




So, incase you have not figured


it out we are having a snow storm.


I was not ready for it. I have not


even put away my pots or


yard things yet. Worse yet,


we are not done harvesting


our sunflowers. It would have


been really nice to get done


before the snow but that's


farming! You have to live with


mother nature!!



I am going to try to visit


all of you tonight or tomorrow


morning. Those of you that


asked me questions..I am


sorry that I have not gotten


back to you yet but I will!



Thanks for stopping by


and remember to leave


me a comment so I


know you were here.


----------------------------


Awhile back my friend Lisa,


from Cranberry Flats gave me


an award and I feel terrible that


I am just getting it posted!!!


Lisa is just the sweetest gal so


you really must stop in and visit


her at her wonderful blog!!

She honored me with the

"A perfect blend of friendship award'

I love it as the steaming hot

mugs ---mugs you could

sit around and enjoy with friends-

wouldn't it be fun if all of us

blogger friends could get together

and drink coffee together?!?!?

Maybe someday huh???


Thanks Lisa...so sorry it took

me so long to post this!!!

Good bye for now!


Farmchick

Pin It!

44 sweet chicks commented here:

Connie said...

Yes, Ele said you had a snow story today! I can't believe you got that much though. WOW, chickee, you're snowed in! I'm guessing hubby will not be in the fields today, right???
Smooches,
Connie
Ooooh, stay warm also!! Hah

vivian said...

oh dear! look at all that snow! I'm not the least bit jealous. It will look like that around here before long.. It is so pretty. but so cold and troublesome! I hope that snow doesnt ruin your sunflower harvesting!!
well, stay comfy cozy inside!
hugs
vivian

Anne said...

I like marshmellows in my hot cocoa. I was loved snow from the inside out. I guess that is why we moved to the south. We dont get much here.
Anne

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh...left a comment...where did it go???? I was hoping that you kept all that snow...no sharing please! lol dianntha

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh...left a comment...where did it go???? I was hoping that you kept all that snow...no sharing please! lol dianntha

Kindra said...

I saw on the news tonight all that craziness going on up your way! Keep it up there please! But it's sure pretty. :)

-L said...

I'm following your blog, will you follow mine? Visit www.sundrylynx.blogspot.com and become a follower. Thanks!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Wow! Sorry to hear you haven't finished harvesting the sunflowers yet.

I do love snow though. In downtown Baltimore it would have to be a blizzard for us to get an amount of snow worth looking at. It's usually an inch or two and then gone the next day.

I'll be right over, or you can send some down here. Ok? :) xxoo

Linda said...

OMGoodness! I am so sorry you didn't get to finish the harvest. Sometimes the beauty of the snow, hides the damage it does.

We;ll just have to come inside for that cup o cocoa!!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Oh, my goodness look at all of that snow! I can't believe it:)
Looks good although I can wait.lol
Have a good evening!
Rondell

Vickie said...

I like looking at snow in pictures. lol It sure is beautiful! Stay Warm :)

acutescrubnurse said...

Farmchick.....you think anyone will ever come to visit us, with all the white stuff?? This is ridiculous!!!!
I updated a new pic.
Rita

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

I can hardly believe those photos. And your sunflowers! Oh dear. Hope you are staying warm & cozy.

Keep that cup of cocoa warm for me!

Smiles,
Lea

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

I can hardly believe those photos. And your sunflowers! Oh dear. Hope you are staying warm & cozy.

Keep that cup of cocoa warm for me!

Smiles,
Lea

Sue said...

I love to look at the snow but from someone else pics. I live in northwest Indiana and I know its coming and soon. UGH Stay warm, enjoy the cocoa and I enjoy reading your blog and your farm life.

Kristie said...

Wow look at all that snow. Never seen snow only snow flurries since I'm in South GA(almost in FL). Was talking to one of my husbands cousins last night and they said they'd probably be getting snow this weekend..they are in NE Kansas. Wow maybe I'll get to see some of it(maybe not that much though) when we visit them again.

Traci said...

OMG!!! I can't believe that snow. I thought you were just posting pics found on the internet...ba haaaaa. I think I would have FREAKED as we have no wood cut and stacked yet!!! We have PLENTY of seasoned wood from out lovely ice storm the last two years....it is just getting to the pasture to get them cut and stacked. Stay warm!!!

The Primitive Bucket said...

Morning Chicky...wow look at all that snow. You can keep it for now!!! I want to get all this stuff out of my craft room, basement, dining room...you get the picture..
Be safe in all the snow!!

Keep shoveling!!

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

WOW! That looks like a lot of snow! I want it to snow here so abd this year! We usually get one little snow a year, but haven't ahd any snow for 4 years. We had a big snow flurry last year, but it didnt stick to the ground, so it doesn't count! LOL!
I'd love to be there sipping hot cocoa with you!
Does this snow affect the harvesting? In other words, can the sunflowers be harvested after the snow melts? Does the cold change the product?
Have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

WOW! I'm not ready for snow AT ALL. We use to be in the fuel business and haul fuel to farmers, totally understand about living with mother nature. We have had an unseasonably warm fall here so far but looks like the temperatures are headed downward. Maybe that will put me in more of a Thankgiving mood.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I have a better idea...
you come to Alabama! We can sit out in the sunshine and share our hot cocoa.

YD's a little bit of everything place said...

Oh my!!!
Sorry to hear about the remaining sunflowers that didn't get harvested.

Beth E. said...

I'm impressed with all of that snow! I was telling Rita that we haven't had snow like that for years.

We need rain really bad. We're in an extreme drought situation here, and are being asked to voluntarily reduce our water usage by 10%. If we get below a 60-day supply of water, we'll have more restrictions placed on us. This has happened for the last three years. 2005 was really bad. We ran out of water! I guess if it snowed here, we'd be grateful!!! At this point, we'd take any precipitation we could get!!!

I make a hot chocolate mix every year, usually in December. It's easy and delicious. You've got me kinda thinkin' about hot chocolate now, so I might make up a batch of it early this year!

Stay warm...

Peper Creek Gatherings said...

Wow! better there than here! Just found your blog today from Mary at Gettysburg homestead. I'll be back!

Mrs Parks said...

Are you SERIOUS!!!!
We've had rain, but it's still warm here.
To bad you couldn't harvest the snow, you'd have a real cash crop there!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Yep, snow here too! Corn harvest will be put off for awhile too. Do you have many acres of sunflowers yet and how do they handle the snow?

I thought your trailer looked long...we run 2-40 footers and 1-42ft. long. Long enough for me, I have a hard time getting them in some of the approaches to fields.

Stay warm and I hope it settles down so you can get the rest of your sunflowers harvested!

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Oh my....that is hard to believe...so much snow...

I agree with the others it is beautiful but I'm not ready for it either.

Have a great weekend! Stay warm!

Blessings,

Kathy

Train Wreck said...

Are you serious??!! Is that your igloo!? OMGoodness! BRRRRrrrr. It was 18 degrees here this morning, no snow. I do not like to get out in that cold stuff. I am a hot weather kinda girl. I would come help shovel you out though! Have rolls, if you have hot cocoa!

Country Girl said...

Wow, snow. I'm not ready yet either!
Thanks for stopping by and say hello. I too am way behind in blog world.

Susan said...

Look at all that snow!

Stay warm!

Julie said...

BRRRR--we had snow this week too, but not THAT much. We had hot chocolate. I guess winter comes--ready or not. Stay warm. Julie

Shannon said...

Oooh farmchick it looks soooo chilly ...LOL Still I'm trudging up the steps for some cocoa :0) I Love your blog and will be back for another visit.
Many thanks for sharing...and the hot cocoa!
Shannon

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Just wanted to say thank you for your sweet well wishes. The mere mention of a visit with chicken soup has made me feel just a bit better!

Smiles,
Lea

Terri said...

Oh, heavens... stay warm, okay? That is a LOT of snow!

Terri

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Holy cow! We heard about the snow you folks got! We had a freak snowstorm at the end of October but not as much snow as this! It sure is pretty though. :> )
I have thoroughly enjoyed readin' your blog and thanks so much for stoppin' by mine!! :> )

~Karin

betty r said...

Thanks for dropping by to visit our blog.
Oh wow that is a lot of snow!
Great blog..I'll be browsing some more..

Jen said...

I found your blog from a comment you made on the Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog... this snow shocks me! Where do you live??? Yikes. We very very rarely see that much snow...in fact it only snows maybe 2 or 3x per winter here... LOL.
I'm from British Columbia, Canada.

April said...

I just found your blog, and I am completely jealous of your farm life! I will be visiting here again and again. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish it would snow here. Thank you for your wonderful pictures.
Enjoy your hot chocolate.
Susan

Niki RuralWritings said...

Hi Farmchick nice to meet you :)
Thanks for dropping by my blog, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, I plan on coming back and spending a little more time here, reading up.
Blessings,
Niki

Sarah said...

The snow is beautiful! I love your page and all the wonderful music that you have. I leave it open sometimes just to listen. Have a great day!

Betty said...

I just returned and am catching up on my reading. Wow, all that white! After 29 winters in Idaho, I don't wish to be in snow ever again. I get cold when it's below 80 degrees; so, I'm happy in Arizona! Glad you enjoy it, though. It surely is pretty. Take care.

Carole@Fowl Visions said...

I haven't seen snow like that in years and I mean many years! And now living in FL I hope I don't see any anytime soon.

I love the pics of your sunflowers and the harvest. I think I would love to raise sunflower seeds.

Back in the Day said...

Wow - we are still wearing short sleeves here and you have all that snow! I am jealous!