Friday, October 24, 2008

If you are trying to lose weight......DON"T LOOK!!

In our house Friday night is pizza and treat night. The other days of the week I try to cook and serve well balanced healthy meals. Some Fridays I make homemade pizza and other times we buy pizza. Anyway, I am getting of course here. Tonight I made something that you would not want to eat often.....very rich and sweet! Yummy? YES...Healthy? NO!!!! It's okay to eat it once in awhile though.

CARAMEL KRISPIE BARS
Ingredients:
8 tablespoons butter, divided
8 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
8 cups crisp rice cereal, divided
1 package (14 ounces) caramels I used the new Kraft caramel bits that you find in the baking section -- much easier than unwrapping all those caramels!
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

Directions: In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and 4 cups marshmallows; stir until smooth. Stir in 4 cups cereal. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
For caramel filling, place the caramels and 4 tablespoons butter in another saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Stir in the milk until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes; pour over cereal layer. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter and marshmallows. Stir in remaining cereal. Spread over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.

CARAMEL KRISPIE BARS
THAT'S WHAT'S FOR DESSERT IN
FARMCHICK'S KITCHEN
TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you may have noticed that I have different fonts going on here. If you know me, you will know that I am a perfectionist when it comes to things I type and print. Well, it has been bothering me since I started blogging that the drop down list of fonts had such a minimal amount of choices. Well one day while visiting Jolene's blog I noticed that she had different fonts. So, I promptly emailed her and asked her how she did it!! She was kind enough to let me in the secret!! THANKS JOLENE!! If you have not been over to visit her blog The Primitive Bucket...you better go and check out her work!! Tell her Farmchick sent ya!! Well, Lil' Farmchick has a friend staying over night, Jr. Farmer wants me to play Bunco with him and I must check on Little Farmer who is fast asleep in bed with visions of combining sunflowers....dancing in his head! Have a good weekend everyone and please do leave me a comment and let me know you were here.
Farmchick

Pin It!

38 sweet chicks commented here:

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Those definitely look rich and tempting. I'll have to make some for the office as soon as I can. Thanks so much for always sharing such delicious recipes.

Did you get a chance to see my post highlighting your blog and the award you gave me? xxoo

Coloradolady said...

Well poo......I was expecting the secret to the fonts!! HaHa. Love this dessert....and you said not to look and I did. YUMMY.

vivian said...

omg! those look amazing! (like everything you make!) I like the new look of your blog by the way, I keep meaning to tell you that!
hugs!
vivian

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Just found your blog. Oh my these caramel crisy treats look so delicious and seems to be an easy recipe too. Thanks for sharing.
Teresa

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Thanks so much for stopping by...I so enjoy people leaving comments. Oh and my the way....I just gained 10lbs. :0 Your dessert looks simply delish. Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Kathy

Betty said...

I don't eat many sweets, but I love caramel! Can't imagine how good these must be...thanks for the recipe.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I'm gaining pounds already! They look so yummy. The font looks really good. You will have to tutor me on that one.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Oh yummy goodness!!! I will definately have to try these!!!! We did pizza last night too since we too had a little friend over to spend the night.

Mary

The Primitive Bucket said...

OH Yummy, I'll have to try those!!! They look delish!!!

I'll have to do a post on the "secret" to the fonts!!!

Joleen

This Country Girl said...

Oh my...I can just look at those and see the calories! lol! But I'm going to try them a little closer to the holidays! Thanks for sharing! There's always something yummy in your kitchen, isn't there?

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Patti said...

What a cute blog you have! Those bars look so good! Thanks for letting me stop by!

Mrs Parks said...

OHLORD!
Those look SO good!

I have to go make some RIGHT now...............

Beth E. said...

Uh-oh...I looked! Those look absolutely yummy. Now I'm gonna have to try them. Gee, thanks a lot, Farmgirl! haha

Heading over to Primitive Bucket to see what kind of secrets I can learn! :o)

diamondk410 said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I am enjoying reading it. Those caramel krispie bars look wonderful ~ I will definitely try them! Have a good weekend!
Linda

Amy said...

Oh my gosh those look wonderful!I think I'll make those for my sons Halloween party at school!Thanks!
I would love to know the "font secret" too!
~Amy

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Oh, I LOVE your font! It is great!

And thanks for the wonderful recipe! YUM! I can't wait to try these!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

P.S. I think you are pretty sweet too! Thanks for leaving such a nice comment for me. It made my day!

Traci said...

OH GOOD GRIEF.....You can't do this to ME!!!! NOOoOOOOoOOOOooooooo....I feel the pounds pouring on me now....#$#^%&&^ I still love you though.....

Connie said...

Okay, I ain't lookin', sweet farm chick! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh.
Smooches,
Connie
I'm so late today getting around to checking blogs.........

Angie said...

Oh I so have to make those!!! I like how easy it is too! Maybe add some pecans and chocolate! Teehee!
hugs, angie

Vickie said...

Oh I wish I would have seen this before I made Rice Krispie Treats yesterday. Thanks for Sharing :)

Train Wreck said...

Oh you are a bad lady!YUM!! THose look so good! I will have to make them!! So when did you say pizza & treat night was?! I am on my way!!

Heather Fogarty said...

Rice Krispie Bars with caramel is pure genius! They look delicious. Great Idea!

Pea said...

OMG,
That looks so yummy! I will have to try that. It will be rich but great for the holidays when a extra pound is expected. Tee hee.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,Pea

The Primitive Bucket said...

Okay girls, I made them and they are as good as they look and a snap to put together!! Thanks Tania, my hips don't thank you but I do!!! DELISH!!!!

Joleen

basketsnprims said...

Those look awesome. We love Rice Krispie bars & the caramel only has to make them better. Thanks.

Pam

Lisa said...

Caramel with crunch come on???? I cannot look I cannot look I cannot look. Caramel and crunch is a food group of it's own. It's MY law.

Diane said...

Those crispy squares look so delicious i could eat them all myself and not feel guilty about not sharing, going to give that recipe a go, will let you know how they tun out, yes lucky me winning that candle giveawy im so lucky cant wait for it to come...Later X

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Oh...my...gosh...they...look...so..delicious!

HippieDog said...

Oh Farm Doll! Now what will I wear next week! I'll have to at least try them......right? Just one couldn't hurt *wink*. Happy Halloween Week!!

countrygirl3031 said...

Oh my...those look delightful..I'm going to have to make them this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Hugz,
Michele

Country Girl said...

Farm chick those look very tasty!
Now you must share with me your secret because I would love to have the availability of other fonts...pretty please!

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Oh my, those do look yummy! I have a few grands who would love these, thanks for sharing the recipe with us!

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

FarmChick,
You've been BOO-ED! Come visit my sidebar for details. xxoo

Merrie. said...

Oh yes those look so good!!! Whee! Thanks for visiting; hope to see you again soon; I am going to try that thing with the fonts; I too don't care for the selections available; thanks for the help! Merrie

LisaJanelle said...

BOO!!! You have been "BOO-ed"! Please stop by my blog to pick up your treat :) Happy Halloween!

LisaJanelle

Susan said...

I shouldnt of looked! Glad I did, going to try them. MMMMMMM!

Sand Flat Farm said...

What an ooie-gooie looking dessert! I've already printed off the recipe - that is going to go in my recipe box for sure. Wonder how it would taste with some chocolate chips thrown in???

Thanks for coming by - You enjoy every single minute with your 7-yr old - it'll slip by in a flash and you'll wonder what happened! Take care - Vickie

Amy said...

O MY GOSH! My mouth is dropped completely open, I cannot get over how amazing this dessert looks!! Whoa!