Wednesday, August 6, 2008

my favorite place....



In the early morning....when my world is quiet this is where I love to sit and drink my coffee. I love to listen to the birds calling out early morning greetings. It is a sound I long to hear in the dead of winter and every spring I eagerly await the sounds of the first birds singing in our yard. I can hear the relaxing splashing of water in my pond below. The sweet smell of the fresh country air is nothing that could ever be replicated. Oh and yes...I should share with you that my coffee is especially good because it is always made by my dear farmer. Every morning he makes our first pot of coffee and always brings me a cup. Now isn't that sweet!?!

This is my favorite seat but many mornings it is taken by our kitty cat, Mischief! He seems to enjoy sitting there also!






Hope you are all having a wonderful week. Tune in for another yummy recipe that I will be posting on Friday!!


Farmchick

Pin It!

16 sweet chicks commented here:

Kindra said...

That looks like a relaxing spot to me. It's great that hubby pampers you a little. :) I like your cat, too. :) Have a great night!

This Country Girl said...

I wish I was more of a morning person...but the truth is that I'm a night owl...can you tell...it's 11:30 p.m. and here I am! And I love to smell coffee, but just don't like it..I've tried to like it...but I just can't! lol!

Your mornings sound so perfect to me! I love your morning seat and your "Mischief" is just too cute...looks like our "Bambi"!

Have a great rest of the week! :)

Tammy

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

How nice! Love your deck and yard. I love to hear the sounds of moving water and the birds singing.
We have a beautiful piece of property that we enjoy in spring, but rarely get to enjoy it in the summer. It's too hot and muggy down here. But I love to sit on the porch when it's raining. And I can hardly wait for fall! When it comes, that is when our outdoor living will begin again.

Connie said...

I LOVE that you are showing some of your "home" to us!! Keep that up, sweet farm chick!
Smoochies,
Connie

Linda said...

I can see why that is your favorite spot. It looks so inviting.

How sweet of your farmer to make you coffee. MY DH works such long days lately - I make his coffee for him during the week. I think he appreciates it because on the weekends he bring me mine and he says the same thing each time - this one's for you sweetpea! too cute!

simple~needs said...

thanks for posting on my blog. :)
i am adding you to my faves.
great pics!! i love cats. ours are such spoiled babies!
kim

Raggedy Angel said...

That is very sweet...mine makes it on the weekends!
That first cup is the best!
Beth

acutescrubnurse said...

Nice. I am so impressed that your Farmer is making you coffee!!! When I got home at 1 today, Alex had just made coffee. It was nice to enjoy a cup after a hard day at work!!! That place is crazy!! (and I didn't even work with Dr Panda!!)
Gotta run, leaving in the AM, and I am not even close to having anything ready!!!
Rita

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Lately, I like to go to sleep just so I can wake up and have coffee! Haven't the mornings and evenings been wonderful? Happy Harvest!

PS: thinking about the "craft barn"

Lisa said...

I miss having a nice back porch. We don't have much along those lines. One of these days that will change. Like you, I'd love to sit on my deck with a book or just enjoy nature!! Have a great weekend!

vivian said...

your deck looks like the purrfect place for all to relax! Ha!!

Brenda said...

Thanks for coming by to visit. I love your site and will be back soon. I was raised as country as it gets,but since had to move on with my family. My husband is in the oil business so I will sure enjoy your farm.
Brenda

Sharon said...

We added a new deck to our home this summer and we also love to sit out there and listen to the birds sing and watch the little rabbits scurry around.We have a wild turkey that goes scrolling by every evening.
I can't wait for the weekend to get here so that I can sit out there in the mornings.
We have some bobwhites that I just love to listen to. The only bird that makes me upset is the pesky woodpecker that likes to peck on our vents on the top of the house.
Have a nice weekend.

Back in the Day said...

What a great spot! It looks very relaxing! I am more of a night owl so I sit in my "spot" in the evenings! Isn't it great to have a place to just relax - now, if I could lock it up and not let the kids in it . . . hmmmm. . . gonna have to think about that!

Pam at Antique or Not said...

Looks like your kitty likes having pics taken as much as mine do! LOL

Pam

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Your special place looks so peaceful. Love all those colorful flowers.

Smiles,
Lea