Friday, August 29, 2008

It's Friday, we are done harvesting our wheat and another award!!

I know my posting has been so minimal lately but things have been soooo busy around here lately. I have been so behind on reading all of my favorite blogs. I will try to get caught up so please know that I have not forgotten about you all...I just have run out of time!!! Our little chicks have started school and that is an adjustment for me to get used to them being gone all day again. I don't like it!!!! Luckily I still have one little chick still with me in the nest all day!

We finally finished harvesting our wheat!! This is the earliest that we have been done with wheat in years!!!! Normally on Labor Day weekend we are still combining and don't really get the weekend off!!!!
This is a picture of us combining out in our field.

Because we are done harvesting, for now, anyway we get to pack up the kids and head to the lake for three days of tubing, fishing and just relaxing! I am excited as it is going to be a great way to end the summer!!! I love being in the sun and I need to soak up as many rays as I can and store up for the long winter!!!

I have received another award!!! I received it a few days ago but I just didn't have the time to get it posted!!! Coloradolady presented me with the
Arte Y Pico Award!!!! Coloradolady lives in Texas but states that her heart is really in Colorado. Stop by her blog to find out more about her and read her great blog....Thanks Coloradolady for the award....I really appreciate it!! I am supposed to pass it on but I would like to award it to anyone on my blogroll!! You all deserve it!!!
Along with accepting this award, comes a few rules.
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and which also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog so that it can be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link of the blog that presented him/her the award.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link arte y pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Show these rules.

Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe Labor Day Weekend.
Farmchick

Pin It!

21 sweet chicks commented here:

This Country Girl said...

Well you all deserve a nice relaxing weekend! Enjoy yourselves and congratulations on the well deserved award as well!

Tammy

Sharon said...

I am so happy for you to get to have some sun time.
I hope that you and your family have a fun and safe weekend.

Kindra said...

What a beautiful harvest picture you took! I saw them harvesting corn yesterday. I guess fall is really here. Where did the summer go?
Have a great weekend of fun and relaxation!! Hugs!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Have a great weekend and congrats on your award, you so deserve it.
Rondell

Train Wreck said...

Congratulations! On geting the long weekend off and your award! Have a great time, take lots of pictures, and be safe.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful pic. Looks all to familiar around here too. In a couple of weeks we will start the corn. We will be at that for a couple of weeks. Enjoy your days off. You all deserve it!

Go check out my blog. There is something waiting for you. I think you will like it.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a GORGEOUS picture! i sent out all my pay it forwards. Such fun! Congrats on your award.

Vickie said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Take Care :)

Cheryl said...

Yes Tania, you won. Thanks to my DH. He pulled the name. Do you want to email me your address so I can get it packaged and in the mail for you.

cherylrenuada@aol.com

thanks!

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

A very well deserved award indeed! Have a great trip with your family. We look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! :)

My Bucket List said...

Yes, we DO show livestock....my husband is an AG teacher (FFA). We show pigs, cattle, goats and sometimes sheep. We used to let youngest show chickens, but that desire died quickly...lol. I have to really plan my meals to get us through the stockshows....with all that sweet, fried goodness surrounding us for days on end...know what I mean?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

We did football, volleyball AND worked this weekend. I wish we could take the whole labor day weekend off and do something one of these years too!

Back in the Day said...

I love the harvest picture! Now it is time to RELAX girl!

Julie said...

That photo needs to be entered in a contest or made into a postcard--it is beautiful. I remember riding on the combine with my dad. I love harvest time--although, it's so much work. Take care. Julie

This Country Girl said...

Just stopped in to say hi again! Hope you're having a great day!

Tammy

Sandy Toes said...

I saw a comment of yours on another blog and decided to come over here! What a cute blog and I love your pictures!

-Sandy Toes

The Vintage Housewife... said...

ooh what a maj-e-stic photo...i am in awwwwwww...although your life i know is quit difficult...there are moments i'm sure you stop look and breath...what a blessing to live a farmer wife life...to reep what you sow...i am touched by your blog...what a lovely farmer wife...blessings with the harvest...oooh honey you actually understand that and live it...i love that home-e-ness you give your blog...inspired me...cat

Country Girl said...

Thanks for saying hello. I will definitely be back to visit your blog. I took a peak at your store, nice stuff! I just started making my own laundry soap and I am interested in adding scents at a reasonable price. It called for 1 oz of essence oil which is costly around here, I paid $5 for 1/2 ounce. Do you have any suggestions? Do you use essence oils or sell any type of scenting? The purpose for making the mix was to help decrease costs so spending lots of coin to scent it kinda defeats the purpose. ~Kim

Merrie. said...

Hi there Farmchick! Thanks for visiting me and I hope you entered Jane's contest; her lil pup is just the cutest ; I am glad you are through with all that work; we only have one acre in the middle of a large farm so we get to watch all the farming and know it is often a job that entails getting up early and staying up late! I have seen the folks in the field with lights on harvesting various things; woo that is some real work!!! Love the recipes by the way; see you soon! Merrie

Mama Koch said...

You're just finishing harvest and we're getting ready to plant wheat! Amazing how the seasons are so different.

Am going to have to do some catching up reading on your blog. We have a lot in common.

Kim said...

Harvesting is always an exciting and busy time of the season. Hope the crop was exceptional this year. Farm life will slow down some as the weather changes. Being a former farm girl myself, I can truly appreciate the lifestyle and this beautiful photo here on your harvest post. Thank you! See you again real soon. Kim