Monday, August 4, 2008

Happiness is........

Good morning....I know my posting is getting rather few and far between but things have been busy here on the farm. I just wanted to do a quick post. I hope all is well with everyone and you are enjoying these last days before school starts. I don't want my baby chicks to go to school....I like them in the nest with me! SO, now on to something that makes our family VERY happy.......something we look forward to every summer...something that took forever because of our cold spring..... Can you guess what it is??????





CUKES CUKES CUKES CUKES BEANS BEANS BEANS BEANS


FreSh from my gArdEn!!


This is a picture of part of my garden.....

I know...not that great of a picture but it's all I have for now!

Take care and have a great day.

Farmchick

Pin It!

10 sweet chicks commented here:

the purple plum said...

hello
I love your garden,it is beautiful.You must work in it for hours a day!Michelle

Connie said...

It looks gorgeous, sweetpea! I love to look at gardens. We got a tomato off one of our plants last night and it was SWEET! Not sure what the name was but it was amazing that a tomato could be sweet!
Smoochies,
Connie

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness. What I would give to have fresh green beans and new potatoes. Yum. I miss that about my grandparents. Grandma used to snap the bean in a specific length. Made her happy and I was tickled to have them in the middle of winter.

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Your fresh veggies look so good! And your garden looks pretty good to me too! Wish I had one. Maybe next year....

HippieDog said...

Your veggies are beauties! Even though I'm a grand daughter of a farmer....I'm a still a beginner. Wish my beans looked like yours! I think I planted cucumbers too---that's kind of a funny story---because I actually forgot to mark them...and I'm that dense that I can't figure out if it's the squash plant or the cucumber plant ...or maybe the melons....guess I'll find out soon :) I'm not too sure how my grand parents, who I never did get to meet would feel about this! lol and you were worried about your velvety zipper robe comment! lol Oh I remember my sister would wear this kind of robe too--with hot curlers in her hair! LOL The memories :) xo

Linda said...

I always had mixed feelings at this time of year. On the one hand, I hated the school year to start and the unstructered days to end, on the other, I loved seeing my kids so involved again and we so enjoyed all the extra curricular activites that started up. How nice we got some of each every year.

Kindra said...

I'm determined to have a garden next year. It's so fun to see everyone's homegrown stash!

Wilber is about 30 minutes from where I live. This was the first time I have ever been to Czech days. :) Kellon had his swimming lessons there a few weeks ago. It's kind of a wild town. :) Small world, huh?!

vivian said...

oh what lovely cukes and beans! I'm glad your happy!
hugs
vivian

Katy said...

Fresh veggies are the BEST!!! I agree with you! :) I have been canning like crazy lately! :)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Looks beautiful. I've been harvesting peas, tomatoes and cilantro. Where did you get that fence? DON'T EVEN MENTION SCHOOL!!!!! H picked up her schedule yesterday...uggg! We are going to the traveling pants movie today with all the female relatives!