Friday, August 8, 2008

Farmchick's Chickaritos......what's that???

What's a CHICKARITOS you ask....


Well, it's basically an eggroll with a mexican twist! I love them and like my eggrolls I posted a few months back....it's made the HEALTHY way!!! Let's get started!!!!

3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese or whatever you have!
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup corn
3/4 cup salsa
1 teaspoon pressed garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon paprika
you can also add black beans but I didn't have any
egg roll wrappers
Guacamole
Salsa

Shred or chop chicken......

Directions: In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, onions, cheese and seasonings.
Put approx. 2 tablespoons filling in middle and roll it up!

For more detailed directions on how to roll up the wrapper
go here and read my post on healthy egg rolls!

Bake at 400° until golden brown or browned to your liking.

Serve warm with salsa and guacamole..
That's it folks!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We will be
busy here harvesting our barley. So, on that note
I am off to the field!!!! Please do leave me
a comment and let me know that
you were here to visit!!! I love each and
every one of your comments!!!
Hugs~
Farmchick


Pin It!

19 sweet chicks commented here:

150 Years said...

Those look delicious. I may make them for my son this weekend. Thanks for stopping by. Isn't Cranberry Flats wonderful? Your blog is great, too. I'll be back.

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

YUM! Those looks so good! I will have to try those soon!

This Country Girl said...

That sounds SO good! I love anything with a Mexican twist...my very favorite! I hope you don't mind that I printed your recipe. When I have a day with a little more time, I'm trying these...as a surprise! Thanks for the recipe!

Have fun harvesting barley!

Tammy

Linda said...

Yummo - another one I will try. I made a mexican casserole for dinner tonight with leftover chili, elbow noodles,diced onions, diced red peppers, black olives, corn, can chilis' and shredded cheese. Next time I'll skip the noodles and fill the wrappers instead.

Utah Grammie said...

What a simply georgous blog! It all looks sooo yummy - I will definaltely be back - and I love your backgounds and your music too. Found your from Brenda's blog: "Welcome, please come in"
It's nice to meet you. Stop by and see me anytime.
Colleen

Carolyn (Sea Mystery) said...

Hi! Came here by way of Chickens in the Road. Oooo! I like eggrolls that you don't have to fry. All that grease. Yuck! These look fantastic and I will be sure to give them a try. Love your blog, very pretty. Come visit me when you get a chance. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to go read more now. xxoo

My Artful Heart said...

Thanks for stopping by :) Those Chickaritos sound really delightful...yummmy!

Have a great Saturday!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Thanks for wanting to play! here is my
email: rondell1951(at)hotmail(dot)com
I forgot to say this on my post but they said to keep it small so that you could use a mailing envelope or I thing a small box.
Send me your mailing address soon.
*Rondell*

Traci said...

I tried to comment TWICE on here yesterday during the lovely "down" time on blogger...arrrgghhh. I had planned to do it today....I am sooooo going to make the egg rolls....I make a pizza version FRIED and was afraid to bake. Thanks for getting me over that hurdle. I'm sorry to not ask you first if I can link you to my page...when I find one I like, I quickly put it on my blog so I won't forget it. If you can get mine to work, go for it. For some reason it keeps sending to feedburner.....I have no idea why it does that....if someone does know how to fix it, please come tell me. Thanks!!!!

Lisa said...

You are such the cook. These look yummy too!!

Coloradolady said...

I am so going to try these. Thanks for posting this. I am enjoying your blog.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Looks great even tho I don't like egg rolls!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I have your pakage to send out, but I need your address and also for you to post on your blog.
Thanks Rondell

Helz said...

Just Googled Egg Roll's to find out just what I was getting into here... LOL! Have to find where to buy Egg Roll Wrappers now cause Chickaritos just sound too good !!!
Hope the Harvest is going well...

Traci said...

I hope you don't mind....I linked you at orgjunkie.com since I put your recipe on my list this week. I'm making the chickaritos tonight....I'll let you know how they turn out!!! Thanks.

Merrie. said...

As the bullies here say; nom,nom! That means its super good! They only say nom if it meets the strict bulldog standard! Thanks for visiting us and leaving such nice comments. We love your recipes! And your blog too!
Merrie

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Those look just delicious! Yummy.

Blessings,
Lea

Traci said...

OK, now I can say THESE ARE AMAZING....thank you, I had no idea that baking it would still get it crisp!!! These will surely be on our menu quite often....of course with different ingredients. Thanks!!!

Phoebe said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!
These things are awesome! I changed it just a bit to suit my family's taste but they were still loaded with goodness.
I linked to the recipe on my blog, hope you don't mind.