Thursday, July 17, 2008

A stroll down our country roads.........

I wanted to give you all a glimpse of what I see around my farm. I realize that many of you know what these crops are so bear with me as I think that there are some folks our there that have not seen some of these crops growing in a field.

These pictures I am about to show feature our little farmchick and our little farmers in several different fields!

This is a picture of one of our fields of FLAX. Flax is my favorite crop because I just think that it is sooooooo beautiful. When you see a large field of flax at a distance it looks like a big blue lake!! The blue flowers are just so pretty!



Now this picture is of a CANOLA field. Aren't the yellow flowers so bright and cheerful?!!

This picture is one of our WHEAT fields. It is still green so it is not ready for harvesting. It will turn to a pretty amber color when it is ready to combine. (like amber waves of grain in America the Beautiful)

Oh and this is a picture of what kids do when their Mom is trying to snap a good picture!

Thanks for letting me take you for a stroll down our country roads....I hope you enjoyed it! I didn't get a picture of any our barley fields yet and when our sunflowers are blooming I will be sure to snap a shot! They are also very pretty and happy looking!!


Stop back soon for another yummy recipe! Oh and please do leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by--- I love making new friends!

I am so excited I just had to add this to my post.


LOOK what my friend Vivian over at Viv Out On A Limb awarded me with!!

Vivian makes the sweetest bears and dolls so you really must pop over there for a look! THANKS Viv....I appreciate it!!!! I know I am to pick seven other people to award this to but that is just so hard to do!

Helz - Blue Shadow Pony

Susan - Days Too Short

Lisa - Cranberry Flats

Cathy - Cobblestone Farms

Nicole - Back in the Day

Rondell - Tomatoe Creek Prims

Lea - Farmhouse Blessings

The rules for receiving this award are:

1)Put the logo on your blog

2) Add a link to the person who awarded you
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) Add links to those blogs on yours
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

WHEW! Now that was tough...I have SO many blogs I LOVE to read!

FARMCHICK

Pin It!

19 sweet chicks commented here:

Lisa said...

I'm like you, I love that sea of blue. Flax certainly makes driving to work a bit more colorful. And I love the pictures with the canola. What a great idea you had to do these shots. They'd make great pictures for Christmas Cards.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Loved your pictures - even being a farmgirl myself, I had never seen a field of flax or canola - so thanks for sharing! Beautiful - and yes the children are too! Cathy

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Well hello Miss Farmchick! I'm so glad you stopped by to visit me. Its always nice to make new friends.

And let me tell you, your fields are amazing. So glad you told us what they are. I thought the first field was lavendar. They are all gorgeous.

And my favorite photo of the children is the one where they're running through the fields. Its lovely!

Can't wait to browse your blog some more.

Smiles,
Lea

vivian said...

Tania, what gorgeous farmland you have! A lot of hard work goes into those fields! your kids are precious! I'm glad you shared those pictures!
check my blog, I've left and award for you there!
hugs
vivian

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Yes, I'm one of those people that didn't know what was in the fields:) you ar so blessed to see that everyday, thanks for posting the pics...you have beautiful children too!
Have a great day!
*Rondell*

Back in the Day said...

I absolutely LOVED the pictures! I also love the explanation of each one! The kids are adorable as well!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

We used to raise flax when I was a kid and remember how beautiful it was, thanks for taking me down memory lane! Nobody raises flax around here anymore. I had never seen canola either and very few people raise barley here either.

Susan said...

Loved your pictures, your farmland is beautiful.

Primgal55 - Linda said...

Now that was cool! I loved seeing the fields - I would not have know what they were so thank you!

Kindra said...

The fields are just beautiful up there! It reminds me of Nebraska. There's no place like home, that's for sure. :) Thank you for you sweet comments on my blog. They definitely helped cheering me up!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for the award. I'm very proud and I'm going to add you to the others that awarded me also. Your blog is fantastic. This has been such a neat way to meet people and see what their lives are like.

Heidi said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love to have people 'over' for a visit! Keep coming back and I promise to do the same!!! :)

Cheryl said...

I'm also a country gal and we do not have flax here, so to see your wonderful fields is a real treat. Thanks for visiting me and I'm sure glad you did. I have enjoyed looking through your blog.

This Country Girl said...

Thanks so much for announcing my giveaway on your blog! I just put your name in my basket 3 times! Good luck!

I'm also listing you on my fav blogs...I want to visit more often...that way I'll remember!

Thanks so much! Oh, and I wrote down your taco casserole recipe...that's my kind of dish! Thanks for sharing it!

Have a wonderful week!
Tammy

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

The crops are so beautiful. We are so lucky! Vivian is my swap partner in August!

This Country Girl said...

Oops forgot to tell you...I had never seen a flax or canola field either! I learned something today...thanks for that! We have beans, wheat, cotton, rice and sometimes corn planted in the fields around here. We have rice behind our house in the field right now....just lovely for mosquitoes! :)

I love the photos of your kids in the fields too!

~ Tammy ~

Train Wreck said...

Hello, I just found you on my friend Heidi "The Milk Mans Wife"
I am glad you explained what you are growing! I live in Arizona, Alfalfa and cotton, corn... that is what I am familar with!! Your pictures are beautiful, I will be checking back here!!

Julie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I loved your pictures. Especially the canola--I had no idea that is what it looked like. I grew up on a ranch, and we grew alfalfa and grain. Lots of work--we also had 700 head of cattled--even more work, but I loved it. Hope you have a great day. Julie

Katy said...

Gorgeous pictures!!!!