Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quick & Easy Supper.....it's tasty too!!!!

Hello! Today, I decided to post a meal that is quick and easy.

TACO CASSEROLE We all have those days that we don't have a lot of time to prepare a meal for our family....this meal is so easy to throw together and also a good way to get rid of the broken tortilla chips on the bottom of the bag!

To make this quick and delicious dish all you need is:

1 1/2 pounds of extra lean ground beef

taco seasoning

1 cup of salsa

1 can of kidney beans

tortilla chips
---------
lettuce

cheese ( I used low fat mexican cheese)

olives

tomatoes

onions

Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning. Mix together the beef, salsa and kidney beans. Put broken up chips on the bottom of 9x13 in pan. Next layer the beef mixture on top. Bake in oven set at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Pull out and add cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and olives.


Serve with sour cream and or salsa!

You will notice in the picture that today I didn't have any tomatoes but I normally do add them!


TACO CASSEROLE
That's what's for supper in
Farmchick's Kitchen
tonight!!!
Enjoy!

Farmchick


Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

Kindra said...

That looks so good right now! What a great summer treat! I like the quick and easy ones for the hot months, that's for sure!

acutescrubnurse said...

Looks good, I have not made that in ages.....will have to make it soon. Taking my mother to Bismarck tomorrow. :)

Primgal55 - Linda said...

Yum - I make something very similiar. There is nothing better than Mexican - well except maybe Chinese, or Italian, or maybe Greek - no wait good ol' American BBQ- UGH! Too many choices! LOL

But that gave me an idea - I need soup today so I'll make taco soup!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Oh, I have to make that, it looks so good for summer! I'll let you know if I do make it:)

*Rondell*

Lisa said...

Yummy, Mexican is definitely my favorite. This may be a good idea for this weekend. Thanks

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

OMGosh~ Your recipes look and sound so delicious!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am adding you to my list so I can come back and enjoy your recipes and beauitufl photos. :)