Friday, July 11, 2008

Malted Milk......BARS??

YES! I said

Malted Milk Bars!

If you are looking for a new
and different type of bar
look no farther!
To make these gooey bars you will need
the following ingredients:

Chocolate Base
1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine
4 ounces squares semisweet chocolate
2 ounces squares unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs, beaten
11/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Malted Milk Topping
1 cup malted milk powder
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1. 1/2 cups (about 5 ounces) malted milk ball candies, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13" by 9" metal baking pan. Spray with Pam.

Prepare Chocolate Base:
In heavy 3-quart saucepan, melt butter and semisweet
and unsweetened chocolates over low heat, stirring
frequently. Remove saucepan from heat.
With wooden spoon, stir in granulated sugar
and vanilla. Beat in eggs until well blended. In small bowl,
combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into chocolate mixture.
Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes,
until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge of pan comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack.

Prepare Malted Milk Topping:
In small bowl, stir together malted milk powder,
milk, and vanilla until blended. Stir in butter and
confectioners' sugar until blended. With small spatula,
spread topping over cooled bars; top with chopped
malted milk ball candies.
Allow topping to set.
Cut when topping is set.
Enjoy with a big glass of COLD milk!
Malted Milk Bars
that's what for dessert in
Farmchick's Kitchen tonight!
Hope you all have a
great weekend...thanks
for stopping by.

FARMCHICK

Pin It!

8 sweet chicks commented here:

Kindra said...

Well that looks goooood! Kellon would love that! He loves malt balls! I'll have to try that sometime!

Thanks for the interest in the name blocks. I would love to make some for you. :) I would have to do the blocks an alternative way since there will be 5 names. 4 names is MAX to stack on top of each other. So I would have your 3 childrens' names stacked horizontally on top of each other...then I would have you and your hubby's name block vertically, one on each side of the kid's names. If you would like a heart, then that would go on top of the kid's names stack and would be a square block. If that sounds confusing then I can always email you a picture or something. It would be $20 for a set of 6 blocks, plus shipping. Just email me your zip and can let you know how much shipping would be. My email link is on my blog on the sidebar. Thanks!

Have a great weekend!

Primgal55 - Linda said...

MY DH would love this. I am not a fan of malted milk bars so this would be good tomake when I don't want to be tempted!

acutescrubnurse said...

Looks good.........I will have to try them sometime.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

OH MY MY MY!!! That looks yummy!! Chocolate is my weakness so this is right up my alley - I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing! Cathy

Cora from Nelia's Primitive Place said...

Now THIS is right up my alley, believe me!!!! Just set me down with the whole thing, a quart of milk, and I'd be a happy camper!!!!

Cora

Vickie said...

Oh yeah I am going to have to make these! YUM :) I also may have to try the pickled watermelon you have me wondering what this taste like.

Susan said...

MMM, going to try this one. Have to tell you, tried quite a few of your recipes and they are keepers!
Thank you for posting them.

vivian said...

those look so awesome!! I'm going to have to try them sometime. I love malted milk balls.. they make me think of easter though! I think thats the only time I ever buy them!
hugs
vivian