Sunday, July 6, 2008

Little Farmchick's surprise!!!

So, our little girl (well she's 11), we will call her Little Farmchick decided that she had wanted to make a surprise for us for the 4th of July. SO, she added a few things of her own to our grocery list. I have to say, she LOVES to cook and if I must say so myself she is a pretty darn good cook! So, after the parade on the 4th she started making her "surprise" We were given strict instructions NOT to enter the kitchen! Right before dark and shooting off our big
fireworks she had us come to the table and served us these. She called them

STAR SPANGLED JELLO!



Didn't she do a great job! We sure thought so. She even cleaned up her dishes and mess when she was done! What more could you ask for??? I am positive Little Farmchick would LOVE a comment from you all!!

Farmchick

Pin It!

14 sweet chicks commented here:

Kindra said...

Little Farmchick made a great 4th of July surprise! I wonder where she gets that from...They look yummy and very festive!

Deirdre said...

Very professional and festive looking desserts!! Love them!

The Mumma said...

Dear Miss 11yr old farm chick, I also have a soon to be 11yr old and soon to be a farm chick too, who also loves to cook.I will show her you jello creations and hopefully she will make us some too..thanks for the excellent idea..you should start your own food blog miss farmchick!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

How nice of you Little Farmchick to surprise your family with somnething that looks like Martha Stewart was there, they look wonderful!

*Rondell*

acutescrubnurse said...

Way to go Little Farmchick!! You are on your way to kicking your Mom out of the kitchen!! Now, if you could kick me out of the kitchen, that would be soooooo COOL!!! Sorry I missed you at the parade.
Hope you're having a grrreat summer.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Love these! What a great surprise for the 4th of July! Bravo to you little farm chick. Hope you are having a great summer:)

Helz said...

Star Spangled Jello's... what a great 4th of July surprise Little Farmchick... Well Done!

Primgal55 said...

Well Little Farmchick - you sure made a great dessert! You have quite a future ahead of you young lady. Keep on working in that kitchen and keep on posting!

hugs, Linda

MotherHen said...

Found your site through "Vintage Housewife", I am really enjoying your site, I have saved you to my favorites. Those desserts look very yummy - Good Job Little Farmchick!!!

God Bless,
Gretchen
http://www.xanga.com/MotherHen1966

Stephanie said...

Those are not only cute, but what a great idea! I think those could be used for all seasons and birthdays! Thanks for the great idea! Have a good day~ Stephanie

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a great kid you have there! Good job Farmchick...they look so great, almost too great to eat.

Lisa said...

Good for her!! I think it's great when kids want to cook. Plus how sweet that she wanted to surprise you. Have a great week!!

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Well Little Miss Farmchick ~ you sure could teach this old farmchick a lesson. I am amazed that you did this attractive dessert at 11 years old. Wow! Your mom must be so proud. I know I would be.

You are amazing!

Smiles,
Lea

Carolyn (Sea Mystery) said...

Kudos to Little Farmchick! I've never seen Jello done this way and now I've got to make it. Thanks for sharing ... love how it looks in those glasses. xxoo