Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Wednesday everyone!



Hello to everyone out there! I hope this day finds you all in good spirits!
Today I am posting a recipe for some really yummy porkchops rubbed
with a sweet yet spicy rub. I am not a big porkchop fan but I do like this
alot! If you get your grill good and hot the sugar in the rub will melt
quickly and seal in all the juice! Very tasty! Let's start shall we?
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
pork chops ( I use the more lean loin chop--I don't like the greasy kind that start on fire! ha)
Okay now let me just say--this rub can get quite spicy so if you have children (like me) whose tastes range from "I like it a little spicy to --I like it really spicy" here is what you can do. Make two different versions of the rub--leave out the pepper and red pepper flakes in one version and just add as much as you want to each child's individual chop. Don't worry, if you have extra rub mixture - just store it in a little ziplock or container! It keeps just like your spices.
Now all you need to do is sprinkle the rub on each chop and then gently rub the mixture all over the chops on both sides. I like to refrigerate the chops with the rub mixture overnight. Make sure you fire up your grill and get it HOT! Place the chops on the grill and cook until juices run clear. Now enjoy!
sWeEt and sPiCy cHoPs
that's what's for supper
in Farmchick's Kitchen tonight!
I also wanted to show you my soy candles with the sweet red, white & blue stars-
just in time for the 4th of July--well you can use them all year around! The candles scents shown here are Apple Pie-which smells just like a hot apple pie cooling in the the window (without the calories! ;)) Clean Cotton - smells like a refreshing scent of just washed sheets dried in a gentle ND breeze (this scent is great for people who like fresh scent smells!) Blueberry Muffin - fresh baked blueberry muffins straight out of the oven!

Thanks for stopping by - please do leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Farmchick

Pin It!

5 sweet chicks commented here:

Helz said...

Your Soy Candle Scents sound Soooo.... Good Farmchick especially the one that smells like fresh Washing on the line...

LINDA said...

Mmmmmm-pork chops sound sooooo good. I think we would like this recipe!

Lisa said...

HI, thanks for the comment. I got your tag too, I will work on it tomorrow. Just got back from St. Louis this evening. Had to watch the Cards play!! Right now I'm chomping at the bit looking at those awesome pork chops. Oh wow!!!! Happy 4th, this was my dad's favorite holiday too. We used to celebrate big, when I was younger.

Lisa said...

OK, don't approve the last 2, I didn't read the fine print. Oops, I hate it when I do that. I thought I did something stupid so it didnt' show up, sorry!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love pork chops...these look great and my kids like spicy things.

Love the candles!