Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Clouds and Enchiladas....WHAT???

Is it me...or is it really hard to think of titles for each post???? I always think I want to come up with something clever but I never do!! lol Anyway, I have had some very busy days trying to catch up with work after being in the livestock barn at the fair. If we weren't at the fair it seems like we were running up the road to GET to the fair. Well, we are done with that.....for now.

We had some much needed rain yesterday. I woke up to severe weather bulletins. We didn't really get the severe weather but we did get rain. It is really dry here so it was welcome. I have a friend who is a dairy farmer and they desparetely need more rain for their corn crop for silage and second cutting of alfalfa. We would have started combining barley yesterday but couldn't because of the rain. Our sunflowers really needed the moisture. I took this picture last night. We had several storms in the area last night. I thought it was kind of neat.
Okay, now moving on to another yummy recipe!!

Creamy Chili Chicken Enchiladas!!

These enchiladas are so saucy...( like me says my farmer-- ha) I tell ya you are going to love them!! The nice thing about them is you can make them really rich or you can tone them down to a more healthy, figure friendly meal.....whatever you want! Here is what you will need to make these saucy enchiladas.

1 small onion

4 cloves garlic, pressed in your garlic press or minced

2 tablespoon butter

4 tablespoons all purpose flour

2 cup chicken broth

2 can chopped green chilies

1 teaspoon ground coriander

as much ground pepper as you like

2 cup shredded cheese-- your favorite-- I used monterey jack today

1 cup light sour cream

4 cups chopped cooked chicken

tortillas - flour or corn---I used flour tonight but corn is my favorite!!
If you have the time try my recipe for homemade tortillas. Click here to check out the recipe. They are so good fresh!
------
In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in the butter until tender. Combine the flour and the chicken broth until smooth--add this to the pan slowly--stir in the chilies, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese and the sour cream--stir until melted.

Combine chicken and 1 cup sauce or more.......Place chicken filling down the center of each tortilla.

Roll up and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.

Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until melted. Garnish with whatever you like!!!! If you are trying to cut down on calories you can cut out the cheese on top and or use lowfat cheese and also you can use light sour cream. Now, on the other hand if you want a really rich enchilada you can use full fat sour cream and regular cheese. They are both very delicious.
Creamy Chili Chicken Enchiladas
that's what's for supper in
FARMCHICK"S KITCHEN
tonight!!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Ya'll come back now!!!
Farmchick



Pin It!

13 sweet chicks commented here:

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

YUMMY! That is right up my alley! I can't wait to try it!

And your cloud picture is really neat. never saw the sky look quite like that.

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Oh, they look so good...if I made every recipe I've seen on blogs I'd be big as a house in no time:)
This recipe though I plan to try, I used to order them at Chi Chi's but then they went out of business because of tainted tomatoes, such ashame I really liked that resturant.
Have a great day!
*Rondell*

The Vintage Housewife... said...

yummmmmy!!! OOOH THOSE LOOKS TO DIE FOR FARMER GAL! OOOH AND YOUR BLOG LOOKS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!i love the picture of the sky...

BLESSINGS CAT~

This Country Girl said...

First of all, what a beautiful background layout you have! I love it! I'm afraid to play around with mine to change it...I'm so technically challenged..I'm afaid I'll lose everything! :)

Those enchiladas look yummy! I'm printing that one off too! Mexican food and anything "saucy" are my favorites!

And that picture of the sky was absolutely gorgeous! It's hard to believe that's the sky...it's such vivid colors! Great shot!

Have a great Weds.
Tammy

HippieDog said...

Hi Farm doll! I have been looking for a new chicken enchilada recipe :) Thank you! Also, love the new look---be safe and I wish we had your spooky storms here! I love them!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

My family loves stuff like this....yummy!

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

So glad you got that rain. We got some today too and I sighed with relief.

That recipe looks soooo good. Thanks for sharing it.

Smiles,
Lea

Helz said...

Good to hear you've had some rain Farmchick... Awesome Cloud Shot... & your Chicken Enchiladas sound so good I've just gotta try them - will be a first !

Cora from Nelia's Primitive Place said...

Boy, does this sound yummy!!!!! I LOVE enchiladas anyways, so this is definitely going in my recipe box! Thanks for sharing it! Glad you got rain. It's been raining steady here for a week and I'm suffering from sun deficit! Usually I long for a cloudy day in the middle of summer, but this is a little bit much! Cora

Linda said...

Yum yum yum! That says it all!

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe. Looks sooo yummy.
Wish we had some rain here, very hot.
Love the pic of the clouds.

Irma :)

Back in the Day said...

Loved the sky picture! I am going to try the enchiladas! They look delicious!

Lisa said...

Hi Farm Chick, just wanted you to know I made your hamburgers tonight. After I started I got scared, the hubby hates onions. But he will eat a White Castle so I thought, these sure do smell like White Castles. They were fantastic!! Next time, I'm going to make them much thinner. I thought they were, but they seemed to swell. YUM!!!