Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hello!


Hi everyone. I bet those of you that check my blog wondered if I fell off the face of the earth! Nope! I am still here. Our youngest was sick last week and I just didn't do any blogging. He is better and I am happy now! We have been getting some much needed rain and our crops are growing splendidly! Because it is a rather dreary and cold day I decided to make a big pot of chili and some cornbread for supper. This COUNTRY CORNBREAD is my favorite! It is much better than the boxed kind and just as simple. What you need:

1/2 cup cornmeal
1-1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 eggs, beaten
1-1/4 cups milk

Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.

Add oil, butter, honey, eggs and milk. Stir until blended.

Grease an 11x7 in glass baking dish. Pour in batter and bake at 425 degrees until golden brown.

Enjoy! You can eat it plain or spread some of your favorite butter on it!



COUNTRY CORNBREAD That's what's for supper in
Farmchick's Kitchen tonight!


Thanks for stopping by!


Farmchick

Pin It!

5 sweet chicks commented here:

Connie said...

I LOVE cornbread and that looks delishhhhhhhh. Gonna try it, chickadee!
Smoochies,
Connie

Susan said...

Glad to hear your son is better. Nice to have you back!

The Vintage Housewife... said...

ooooh honey that looooks sooooo goooood!!!!!! i'm gonna give it a twirl' cat

Primgal55 said...

As usual, another yummy recipe. Cornbread is one my favorite foods in cool weather.

hugs, Linda

Sorry your son was sick - how lucky that his mom was right there with him!

Barbara said...

Just wanted to let you know I made this tonight to compliment my chili and it was a HIT!! Thanks so much for including your recipes in your blog. I really enjoy reading here! Barbara