Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Dessert!



Hello everyone,
I wanted to get this on earlier but I ran out of time before my company came for Father's Day dinner! We had a nice day here on the farm! We had this very tasty dessert today BROWNIE LAYER DESSERT--it would be great for any special occassion or even for a not so special occassion!
This is what you will need:
Ingredients:
Brownie Layer -First layer
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts

FILLLING:
second layer
2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups whipped topping

third layer
2 cups cold milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix

Fourth layer
Whipped topping and chopped nuts or shaved or grated chocolate

Directions: In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
Spread more whipped topping after refrigerating for one hour--sprinkle chopped nuts or grated chocolate on top! MMMM--MMMM good!

BROWNIE LAYER DESSERT

That's what's for dessert
in
Farmchick's Kitchen
today!
Have a great evening!

Farmchick

Pin It!

7 sweet chicks commented here:

Primgal55 said...

OH YUM! This is one recipe I won't be trying! LOL My hips don't need it. That won't stop me from seeing what you serve up next though.

Bought more cabbage and egg roll wrappers today. I think that recipe is going to be one of my standards from now on.

hugs, Linda

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

This looks soooo good!

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

I just love anything with chocolate. I will definitely be trying this. I also liked your baked eggroll recipe. I have all the ingredients for this so I will be making them for dinner today.
I love coming to your blog for all the great recipes.

Irma :)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

OMG that looks great!

vivian said...

oh my.. that looks great! I will be sure to make that that one of these days this summer! I know my family would love it!
you make everything look so great!
hugs
vivian

Susan said...

MMM! Looking good!

HippieDog said...

Lordy lordy......I'm making this right away! YUM!! Thank you :) Missed you!