Sunday, June 1, 2008

Egg Rolls--the healthy way!!



How many of you love egg rolls but hate the fact that they are usually cooked in oil? I know that is my problem with the eggroll! Well, did you know that you can bake eggrolls? Today I am going to show you how to make your own much healthier version of egg rolls! To make these egg rolls you will need the following ingredients.

chicken breast(cooked and diced)
1 bag angel hair coleslaw (green cabbage)
2 carrots (shredded)
1 large onion (finely diced)
1 clove garlic - pressed in garlic press or finely chopped
salt and cracked pepper to taste
egg roll wrappers

First off, I boiled my chicken breasts until almost done. Then I diced it and browned it in a pan.
In the meantime I diced my onion. (I would have shredded carrots but I didn't have any !) In another frying pan add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat slightly. Add the coleslaw, onion, garlic and carrot. Cook until crisp tender. Salt and pepper to taste.

Combine chicken with veggie mix.

Place an eggroll wrapper on a cutting board or plate. Put about 1/4 filling on the egg roll. Fold the corner over filling, then fold up both sides moisten the edges of the last flap and roll over flap to seal! Now repeat! Easy!

Place the egg rolls on a pan sprayed with Pam and then lightly spray the egg rolls with Pam. Bake in oven at about 400 degrees until browned to your liking.
Healthy Egg Rolls - that's what's for supper in
Farmchick's Kitchen
tonight!

Farmchick

Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

acutescrubnurse said...

hey there!! Those egg rolls look very yummy. I will have to try them sometime. I am so excited for your next recipe!!
rch

Susan said...

I do love egg rolls, cant wait to try these. Thanks for sharing some great recipes.

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you SO MUCh for this recipe!!! I LOVE egg rolls! But I dont get them often as they are so fattening! I am dying to try these!

Hugs,
Amy

Irish3 said...

Ohhh these look especially delicious!!! Adding eggroll wrappers to my grocery list. Thanks so much!!

Altered Route said...

YUM!! thanks for the great recipe, now to be on the lookout for the shredded cabbage! So glad you post great pics!
Connie

Drew said...

I really enjoy your website/blog. I had fun checking out your egg rolls and I hope you don't mind if I add them to my personal cookbook. Happy Friday!