Monday, May 19, 2008

Pasta with Chicken

This dish is delish! It is very simple and I think that most people have these ingredients on hand. I have to admit though, I didn't have angel hair pasta like I originally thought so I just used spaghetti! It still works and still tastes just as good!! Moving on to making
PASTA WITH CHICKEN!
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 carrots, sliced
1 cup onion chopped
1- 10 oz. package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed with your garlic press
12 ounces pasta
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 Parmesan cheese
What do I do next??

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until slightly browned and cooked through. Remove and drain chicken on papertowels. Heat remaining oil in the same skillet also start heating a kettle of water for your pasta. Add carrot to skillet, cook - stirring for 4 minutes or so. Add broccoli, onion and garlic to skillet cook for two minutes longer. MMM...looks really healthy!

Cook pasta according to directions. While your pasta is cooking add chicken broth and Parmesan to skillet. Give it a good stir. Return chicken to skillet. Stir; Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.

Drain pasta. Place in a large serving bowl. Top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Serve immediately! All done! This is a such a healthy meal-- I hope you love it like we do!!

PASTA WITH CHICKEN
THAT'S WHAT'S FOR SUPPER
IN
FARMCHICK'S KITCHEN
TONIGHT!
ENJOY! COME BACK SOON.
FARMCHICK
Remember to leave a comment
and tell me that you have
been here to visit! Thanks!

Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

This is the kind of meal my family also loves! We usually eat it with rice instead of pasta, and some days, there are several more types of veggies in the mix!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Yummy....looks de-lic-ious!

acutescrubnurse said...

just made the pasta. It's delicious!! I love it, and will make it again.
Thanks,
Rita

Susan said...

I love pasta!

Kindra said...

This one is on our supper list within the week! Can't wait to try this one too! I added you to my favorites!

Kindra said...

Yes another gooooood one!! YUUUUMMMMO!!!