Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Herb Roasted Chicken




This HERB ROASTED CHICKEN is both tasty and elegant. The blend of sage, lemon, onion and garlic give wonderful flavor! It may seem complicated but it is very simple. What you need:
1 roasting chicken
fresh sage leaves or ground sage if you don't have fresh
4 lemon wedges
1 large white onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons, melted butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
coursely ground pepper

Please chicken in a greased roasting pan, breast side up. Gently lift skin from breast and arrange sage leaves (as many as you want) or sprinkle lightly with sage if you do not have the leaves. Place four lemon wedges and one quartered onion in the cavity.


In a small bowl, stir together oil, butter, lemon juice and garlic. Brush half the mixture over chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Roast at 375 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Brush again with butter mixture half way through cooking time. Make sure juices run clear.


Oh and about halfway through the cooking throw in some baby potatoes and they will go great with the chicken!


HERB ROASTED CHICKEN


That's whats for supper in


FARMCHICK'S KITCHEN


TONIGHT!


Remember: If you visit my blog--please feel free to leave me a comment and your blogsite and I will visit you!

Farmchick

Pin It!

6 sweet chicks commented here:

My Vintage Studio said...

I love looking at your blog and the wonderful photos of your meals!
I am not a cook...I try but my husband is our cook! lol

Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Sharon

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Looks yummy! Michelle (Hippie Dog0 is linked to you as she is making a "farm chick" nmeal!

Connie said...

The chicken looks good but those potatoes looks especially good. I have a great recipe for oven roasted potatoes! I'll send it to ya, my sweet chickadee.

Yep, I'm one "cool chick" for being an old lady! Even my 28 yr old granddaughter thinks so. Why can't I be "one HOT chick"??!!??!

Smoochies,
Connie

Primgal55 said...

YUMMO! You are making me hungry! I can't wait to spend more time on your blog. It looks right up my alley. The farm life has always appealed to me - even though I know it is hard work and not appreciated enough in this country. I hope you don't mind that I am going to add a link to your blog on mine. hugs, Linda

Susan said...

Cant wait to try this one!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Wow, that looks amazing - makes me so hungry!!! I have to say, I'm going to have to try some of these recipes you have posted.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I loooove meeting new people - especially other farm girls!!! Best Wishes to you - Cathy Cobblestone