Saturday, May 24, 2008

Parmesan Country Fries


Hello everyone,
We are finally getting rain here for our crops (and my gardens) so it is a good day! Awhile back I made these(click here) potatoes but told you I would someday post my FAVORITE version. Today is THAT day!

PARMESAN COUNTRY FRIES

3 tablespoons olive oil
6 medium baking potatoes or 12 small red potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
cayenne pepper- just a light sprinkle
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush 2 large cookie sheets with 1 tablespoon oil. Cut each unpeeled potato (i had to peel mine today as the skin didn't look too good-- I need my own garden potatoes to be ready to eat NOW!) lengthwise into quarters, then cut each quarter lengthwise into 2 wedges (or, cut potatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices). In large bowl, toss potatoes with salt, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil until evenly coated. Divide potatoes between cookie sheets, spreading each batch into an even layer. Place cookie sheets on 2 oven racks and oven-fry potatoes 25 minutes or until tender and crisp, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, turn potatoes over once and switching pans between upper and lower racks halfway through cooking. Sprinkle one more time lightly with parmesan cheese. I make one pan very crisp and one pan browned but still tender- that way we have something for everyone! Hope you enjoy them. Delicious and much healthier than regular french fries. Leaving on the skin is the best as you get more nutrients that way! Thanks for stoppping by and thanks to those of you who leave the lovely comments! I reallly enjoy hearing from each and every one of you!
PARMESAN COUNTRY FRIES


That's what's for supper in


FARMCHICK'S KITCHEN


tonight!


Take care all!!!!




Pin It!

3 sweet chicks commented here:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

These look soooo good! I'm in a swap and my partner is Viv from your sidebar! We are sending each other a vacation in a box!

Connie said...

Oooooo my do those look good!!!!!!
Hi there, sweet chick!
Connie

Primgal55 said...

Hubby would love those! Thanks for another great recipe.

hugs, Linda